FS: 2001 166 6sp MANUAL

Started by Mat Francis, May 13, 2014, 07:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat Francis

Sadly, the time has come to move this "unique" car on. It is a 2001 model, with 239k kms on it.
I bought it to use as daily transport, however have since been given a company car, and I can't justify having 3 alfas solely as toys. It's hands down my best car, but I'm not as attached to it as my alfettas; it needs a new home.

The reasons you would buy this car are as follows;
-Strong 3L motor fitted by Hugh approx. 8 months/7000kms ago; The motor now has 155k kms on it.
-Timing belt and all related items done at this point
-6 Speed manual -possibly the only one in Australia?
-Q2 diff fitted
-Largest aftermarket sunroof available, fitted about a year ago- no leaks and fully operational
-Rear end refreshed with polyurethane bushes and new upright bearings. Handles exceptionally well.
-Much improved stereo with an auxilliary input
-Registered until end of September
-PO had it resprayed by Paul Rankin in a strange brown colour. Doesn't photo well but it's quite impressive in person.

As with most Alfas, the car has a few "characteristics" to give it that personal feel.
-Central locking does not work. I bought one new motor for the rear left door, then the rear right died and I decided I could live without it. The button on the factory key is broken anyway, and the spare does not have a button.
-Cruise control does not work. Never looked into it- the car's designed to be driven quickly anyway!
-Air con doesn't feel cold. Another one I never got around to sorting out.
-Minor dent on driver's front quarter panel. No big deal, see picture.

Included with the car is a set of brand new upper and lower control arms for the front end. I had intended to fit these to bring the front end up to the standard of the rear end of the car, however after a motorbike accident I just haven't  had the ability/ time to do this.

I am asking $9000 for the car, which will include a RWC and I will have it serviced immediately prior to sale.

If you would like further information or to have a look, please give me a call on 0415 765 129. If I don't answer please leave a message and I will get back to you, I'm working strange hours at the moment.

Cheers,
Matt.
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Mat Francis

More pictures
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Mat Francis

Still taking up valuable space, it's now on ebay with a start price of $6k. Grab yourself a unique, exciting bargain!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2001-Alfa-Romeo-166-MANUAL-/201107032411?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item2ed2e9c95b
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie

Mat Francis

Very little interest in this, but I still need it gone.

It's on carsales now for 5.5, if you still think I'm asking too much and you might be interested send me a PM and I'm happy to discuss further.

Cheers
'83 Alfetta Sedan TS
'88 75 3.0
'85 Land Rover County
'87 Land Rover Perentie