Looking for a 6hr Regularity drive

Started by Leesidd, July 19, 2014, 05:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leesidd

Hey Guys,

Just throwing it out there I'm keen to compete in the regularity relay in October. But don't have a car suitable to the task. Currently Sprinting my daily (haven't been able to break my wife into agreeing to the track toy). Any of the regular sprinters over the past 18 months will have seen the relatively slow but consistent black Golf R32 out and about.

If anyone is looking for a 3rd or 4th driver to make up a team or if someone drops out last minute I'm putting up my hand to help out cover/be a driver or whatever may be required.

Be glad to help out, pay my way etc.

Cheers in advance

Lee

Evan Bottcher

If you don't have a car suitable to the task, are you asking for a drive in someone else's car?  If so - it seems unlikely to me.  I didn't say impossible, but I'm being realistic.  Maybe you should go halvies with someone in a Hyundai Excel Sprint and throw some brake pads in it?  (I'm being serious - that Excel kicked ass in regularity last year).
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Leesidd

Not a problem Evan I suppose I should have clarified. I've read the reviews from last year and all the teams that entered and not sure how it all comes together.

Not 100% sure how a team comes together if its family or friends driving friends cars going together for the regularity relay etc. I don't know many outside of the guys that go sprinting.

I realize it is highly unlikely, extremely unlikely is probably a better choice in words but you never know if you don't ask. I'm running into wife acceptance issues on getting a 3rd car so that is still a work in progress shall we say. I've been told its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.