For Sale: 4 x Cromodora 'Daytona' CD35 magnesium rims (14 x 6)

Started by Daniel, April 07, 2008, 10:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Much admired and extremely rare, I'm very reluctantly selling my set of four 'Daytona' rims (currently painted gold).  Well, I'm selling them if someone makes me a very serious offer...

The rims are the real deal - genuine magnesium, Italian 70s manufactured, not one of the several reproduction aluminium alloys available O/S. They have been family owned for over 20 years, and spent time on my Berlina and GT Junior.  They are giving no joy in storage, so it's probably time to say goodbye to them.  I always wanted to put them on a Duetto - if I ever had one...

They are not perfect - there are some paint chips, and scuffing on the rim outer edges.  There is also some oxidisation on the internal surface area which sits against the hubs; I'm told this is quite common on magnesium rims sitting against steel hubs.  Having said that, they are utterly stunning and transform the appearance of 105 series cars.  Oh - they are also wrapped in as-new Yokohama A509 195 x 65 tyres.  Quite chunky in an old school kind of way, but I think they're well suited and provide heaps of grip.

Make me an offer I can't refuse...

The Serpent

Hi there i am interested the mags can you call me on 0414 999 773

romeo7

I may be interested in these rims. How much are you asking?

Brad M

Quote from: romeo7 on April 08, 2008, 07:16:28 PM
I may be interested in these rims. How much are you asking?

Quote from: Daniel on April 07, 2008, 10:15:39 PM
Well, I'm selling them if someone makes me a very serious offer...

Hmmm, ball park figures would be handy in the For Sale section (even an indication as to what the were when new), otherwise try eBay to get a Godfather offer ...
Quote from: Daniel on April 07, 2008, 10:15:39 PM
Make me an offer I can't refuse...

;D
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Daniel

Hi all,

Thanks to those who have PM'd me with enquiries.  In deference to Brad's post and questions on price, I am taking offers from $4500 for the set.

I realise this is significant money (you can get the reproduction versions for less than half the price), so I don't expect anyone after repro's to buy them.

The only other genuine set for sale that I know of are attached to a $55K 2000 GTV for sale on eBay.

Back in 90s people begged me to sell these rims to them - for crazy money - but I accept that times may have changed with the availability of the repro's. 

If I decide to list on eBay, I will update this post first.

Thanks again,

Daniel.