1971 GTV 1750

Started by Dave Heading, August 08, 2014, 12:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Heading

Hi All, I have for sale a 1971 GTV 1750... I bought it as an unfinished rebuild project eight years ago. It has been stripped down by previous owner and was given a high quality primer coat. I have done nothing to it since I purchased it and remains in a sea container on my farm near Darwin, N.T. I am guessing it is 80-90% complete, with the block 'in-situ', but the head and carbies removed, placed in the cabin on passengers seat and floor well, gear box and many other pieces in the boot, chrome pieces off and front and rear wind screens removed. It was a project that was abandoned by the previous owner, as he was posted o/s with the Army, but was apparently running before disassembled (had a smokey pot, hence the strip-down). The body appears to be plum, with good doors and panels and no signs of collision repair. The rear has a ding when I had to push it with my tractor( stupid mistake), but should repair easily. It is a "rolling chassis", so could be put on a truck for transport down South...would cost around $900-$1200 to get it from the farm to Darwin and beyond (an approximate figure). Please PM me if interested. Will be going back up there in 6 weeks, so can"t provide photos 'til then, sorry. Would love to undertake this restoration myself, but have since married and moved to Melbs., so priorities have changed somewhat  :'( Am asking $1800-, plus the transport costs for the whole lot.

SOLD!