Ok i give up.

Started by bendover, August 25, 2014, 04:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendover

I have this problem when driving and its as if the engine is trying to get power.

I made the mistake of taking off the engine cover and somebody had a great sense of humour when designing this car, cause i cant see the plugs, anywhere.

Its not the O2 sensors and it maybe the MAF but i have no warning lights, nothing shows up on the computer.

I am completely stummped. Its fine on the flats, nut as soon as you go uphill, then its searching for power and has a kind of stutter when accelerating.

Any ideas.

bendover

Quote from: bendover on August 25, 2014, 04:01:52 PM
I have this problem when driving and its as if the engine is trying to get power.

I made the mistake of taking off the engine cover and somebody had a great sense of humour when designing this car, cause i cant see the plugs, anywhere.

Its not the O2 sensors and it maybe the MAF but i have no warning lights, nothing shows up on the computer.

I am completely stummped. Its fine on the flats, nut as soon as you go uphill, then its searching for power and has a kind of stutter when accelerating.

Any ideas.

Just had a thought, would water effect the power. Mybe i have water in one of the plugs.

Cant really think of anything else.

Cool Jesus

Yeah ok. I'm bending over to mate. What are we talking about on the general discussion thread?
We're not a bad bunch here, by we aren't mentalists dude. Can you be a bit more specific? Is it an Alfa? Which model? What engine?
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

bendover

Its an Alfa 147 t SPARK 2.0 2003 MODEL.

Sorrry i thought my profile said what car i had.

Cool Jesus

Ok bendy, I'm assuming your very fresh to the world of forums. Welcome aboard mate and I'm sure that once you sort out the twinny you'll see why this marque is so loved. Now just a couple of pointers on forums.
- be patient and don't expect immediate responses. We don't live on these forums, they're a past time for most (yes I've now researched your profile and no it doesn't state your vehicle)
- try and post in the most appropriate section (I've asked the moderators to move this thread)
- try to be concise, yet specific with your enquiry. Members aren't here to do the research for you nor should we need to research you to figure out what you are talking about.
- before you hit that submit button read over your post. Will it make sense to others reading, will it offend (trust me here, this can be easy to do).
- take everything with a grain of salt. Don't be easily offended, assume the best of forum members. There's an absolute wealth of knowledge on here and other Alfa forums. Play around with the site and the search features to see if your issue has been raised already and perhaps add some insight or seek further assistance.
Present:
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Cool Jesus

Now, a few questions about your issue and some history. You'll notice I have the same 147 in my signature block. I feel I paid too much for mine, even though it was the cheapest on the market. But, I knew I could resolve the neglect if the previous owner/s and it now runs like a true Alfa Romeo.
Did you receive or have any service history with your 147?
Are all the warning lights turning on during the self test at key on? I've come across who k's pulling globes out to hide faults.
The lag your experiencing, is it rpm induced? Alfas have a limp mode to protect the engine from damage, but I'd also expect the check engine light or warnings to come up on the dial cluster.
Is the odometer flashing?
A final question to try and assist you and please don't be offended. What experience level of things mechanical do you possess? Will you be learning and tackling things yourself (which if fully support and encourage) or will you source out the work? I ask this only because I think you stated in another post that you purchased parts to do the timing belt, yet you could not find the spark plugs having removed the rocker cover, which concerns me. There's 8 plugs by the way, the four square looking things are the coil over plugs with a short lead also leaving the coil to the second plug. There's 3 or 4 screws to remove the entire coil bracket in one piece, having first pull off the short leads from the plug ends. Anyhow, I'm starting to ramble on here, which I hate to see.
Present:
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS