List of bits

Started by greengtv8, April 13, 2008, 08:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greengtv8

The 4ltr Lexus V8 was just the start, Followed by 5spd Supra g/box,Ford hydrolic clutch, short one piece tail shaft and a LS400 8 1/2 limo diff. IRS fitted to the rear, coil over shocks all round, out board rear brakes, Nissan R32 Front brakes. Wheel Bearings up sized to take Toyota Crown Hub aswell. However, i think i left the windscreen standard!
Little green Alfetta gtv 1982
Fitted with:
Lexus V8 4Ltr
Supra w58 g/box
LS400 IRS rear susp.& 8 1/2' diff
Coil over's all round
Nissan R32 Front brakes
Peddle box,balance bar & adj.bias valve's
9 point roll cage(inc. engine bay)
Custom Extractors & exhaust
Custom body kit & under tray

Sheldon McIntosh

So does this mean your synchromesh works, the car starts every time, you don't have failing donuts and it takes you less than two hours to change rear brake pads?  What a boring car.   :-\

Nice work, car looks great, I'm sure it's PDQ too.  How does the IRS compare to the standard set-up? I guess it's hard to tell if you did everything at once.

greengtv8

Well the IRS got rid of the axle tramp...before all this was done, the car had all the gtv4 parts except for a nissan SR20 engine. That went well, however it did axle trams heaps. With the car as it sits now, it is 1200kg, with front/rear of 50/50 and 3kg heavier on the left. Complete stock gtv 2ltr is 1180kg with 50/50 front/rear,(i corner scaled afew gtv's to compare). It drives awsome, starts instantly, enough torque to take off in forth and do a full lock U-turn in forth. Has a 3.9 diff and needs something more like a 3.3 as top speeds about 220kph and gets there well before the corners. It has a peddle box fitted with adjustable bias and stops amazingly! only run 'R' tyres though because i don't like spending the day at the track looking at the sky waiting for it to rain. No real under or over steer, so hope the aero's being fitted now should help and then i want to tighten the diff more. Oh, and it dosn't leak oil iether! ;D
Fitted with:
Lexus V8 4Ltr
Supra w58 g/box
Coil over's all round
Nissan R32 Front brakes

Colin Byrne

Sounds like a huge amount of work to go to IRS just to get rid of axle tramp!!  I imagine your able to adjust rear camber and toe now, which would be nice?  what about roll centre location with the new IRS? And the aero sounds interesting, any chance of ever bringing to Phillip island on a AROCA club day, I'd love to see what it could do
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

alfagtv58

Have you got any photos of the extractors you can post?  I have seen them are they really are something else!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

greengtv8

rear IRS is fully adjustable, but it wasn't so much the axle trap i wanted to loose...more that i didn't want to rebuild the transaxle regularly due to the engine torque. With the IRS also came the 8 1/2inch limo diff and outboard brakes. Hope to get the car out and about more second half of the year...but the biggest limitation at phillip island will be the driver... i like building this stuff more than racing, and i gotta drive it home afterwards. Getting a house seems to reduce spare funding for some reason....and pic of extractors coming up...
Fitted with:
Lexus V8 4Ltr
Supra w58 g/box
Coil over's all round
Nissan R32 Front brakes