For Sale: Flying Butress seats, Sydney

Started by AndrewO, March 29, 2008, 11:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewO

It's time to sell the seats from my 1968 series 1 1750 GTV.
I'm going to be moving house and I need the space and I've come to the realisation that I will not take my car back to original so it's better to let someone else use them for their restoration.

The fronts:
Flying buttress type but these are unique because they both have the wind-up headrest and both are the correct seats. I'm told they were sold as a factory fitted dealer option at Alec Mildren in Sydney.

Both in very good condition and could be fitted to your car tomorrow. They are not to show standard with some stitching missing from the driver's seat (seen in the photo), but the vinyl is not torn (I don't think). No runners. Otherwise everything works and there is some minor surface rust on the frame. The foam is getting old and maybe some time down the track might need replacing but they were comfortable when I used them.

The back:
Very good condition and I would say excellent except the very top on the driver's side has been in the sun and become brittle with some cracks. I would want this bit repaired if going into my show car but it is only cosmetic.

Here are some photos of them in the car and if you are a serious buyer I can take them out from under the house and take more photos or you can come and have a look.

Too bulky for postage so pick up only from the Carlingford area in Sydney. I also have the matching side cards for the rear and front that can be thrown in. Door cards if you twist my arm severely. They are rare seats in very good condition so bargain hunters need not apply. I don't want to separate the fronts from the back. If you need these for your restoration then PM me and we can talk price and details.

PieterB

Hello AndrewO, Are these seats still for sale?