ALFA ROMEO GT

Started by magnum, April 17, 2008, 05:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnum

I notice that the ALFA Romeo GT is noticeable by its absence from the list of current models (in the heading to this section). Any owner/drivers of the GT out there who would care to relate their impressions of the model?

By all accounts it is a good performer. Same engine as the (156) GTA (presumably) but detuned to 176 Kw (verses 184 Kw of the 3.2 Ltr GTA engine fitted to the 156 and 147) but still manages a stated 6.7 secs 0-100 Klms which is considerably quicker than the 156 2.5 Ltr V6's 7.3 secs, (see http://www.fastlane.com.au/News_Alfa/6-speed_156V6.htm). My own 156 V6 was a really sweet little engine that just loved to rev. The GT is a handsome performer when compared to the 159 V6 (with the JTS engine producing 191 Kw)  but it must be admitted that the 159 is a bigger (heavier) car and with the addition of the Q4 drive system.

The GT certainly has a more sporty appearance that would appeal to the GT enthusiasts deep down in all Alfistis.

Magnum

Cheers and God bless,
Magnum

ALFA Romeo 156 GTA, 156 V6, 156 TS, 159 Jts

branko.gt

or you could look at it as 147gta with a big arse  :P

some could argue that such arse makes it better balanced back to front but it is still a big arse that adds weight.

SUBIT0

AS A CURRENT OWNER OF A 147 GTA WITH PRETTY MUCH THE SAME ENGINE AS YOUR GT I HERE WHAT YOUR SAYING.
IT IS SUCH A SWEET REVING ENGINE THAT PLAYS A SYMPHONY TO YOUR EARS WITH EACH BLIP ON THE THROTTLE. AND DID I MENTION HOW SMOOTH IT IS. I COULDNT BE HAPPIER AND LOVE IT MORE AND MORE AS EACH DAY PASSES.
WAS CONSIDERING A GT BEFORE BUYING MY GTA AS IT IS A REAL GOOD LOOKER BUT I JUST LOVE THE FLARED GUARDS AND TOUGH STANCE OF THAT FAT ARSED 147 GTA TOO MUCH.