Stolen Alfetta GTV

Started by robmoore, September 12, 2014, 08:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robmoore

Just want to let everyone know that my beatiful dark blue 1979 Alfetta GTV has been stolen from outside my house in Flemington Vic.
Have owned the GTV for 31 years and am not happy.
Car is on club plates - 7769H - distinguishing features are Performance Minilite mags, Pace extractors and no front bumber (missus backed into it with the land rover).
Hoping its been abandoned somewhere and is not wrecked.
If you see any sign of it please let me know.

Italian Supermodel

Jesus, I'm sorry to read that.
I don't think it will be driven to much.... It'll stand out like you can imagine.
31 years ownership to.
The A-hole who took it should be forced to drive a 70's Lada (with a non existent 2nd synchro)for the next 31years with a sign on the back "you are quickly passing a thief!"
Good luck champ.

kartone

82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Cool Jesus

What the feck is going on down south. There's a grub down there knocking off these older Alfas? Must be some old school car theif needing short term transport that has a preference for our babies. There's been a few already this year. Won't help insurance premiums for us. Mate hopefully it will turn up soon for you and karma will soon rid us of this prick down south.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

jazig.k

If you happen to follow some of the Jap scene in Melb [even just some Facebook pages], you'll see that there seems to be a recent spike in car theft there too. Even more so for attempted thefts/break ins of cars.

A Alfa seems to be an odd target though. Hopefully just some joy riders and you get your car back without much wrong...

poohbah

Rob

I suggest you post pics and details about this foul deed on social media sites - eg facebook and twitter etc. I have seen a number of stories in recent weeks where people have recovered stolen items after people recognised them online. Don't ask me which sites/platforms though, I'm too old! Maybe ask your kids (if you have any). Though I reckon you could post a message on the facebook page of high traffic media like local radio stations etc, and I saw a guy who put a message out on Twitter who recovered his stolen surfboards a couple of days ago. (his message got "retweeted" a lot apparently, til eventually it was read by someone who had seen the boards)
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)