Photos - GT

Started by Beatle, December 01, 2014, 07:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beatle

I'm not having much luck finding photos of the GT with someone sitting in the rear seat. 
Also, the front seat tilted showing rear seat access.   
Photos of the luggage area from the rear, and through the side doors, with the seat(s) folded in their various configurations.

Anyone help out?

On another note, did we get the GT in white here in Australia?
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd
'04 GT 3.2 Rosso/Tan - Glorious
'02 156 V6 Auto Rosso/Tan - Useful daily

shiny_car

I can't help with the specific photos, sorry. Though, rear leg room is the same as a 156, so it's adequate for adults. Headroom is a possible issue.

There are white GTs here (solid, not metallic), in the Anniversary (last, V6) edition.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

oz3litre

Hi Paul. As far as room in the back with the seats folded down goes: yesterday I fitted a 25" swimming pool sand filter, complete with valve assembly and seven 20 kg bags of sand in mine with ease. I could probably have put another seven bags in there. The guy in the shop was very impressed and also loved the look of my car. Getting out of the back seat is a little tricky, but it is a full sized adult seat and quite comfortable once you are in. As Shiny said, leg room is the same as a 156 sedan. I will try and get some pics once my son is up and about. The GT is a fabulous car as far as I am concerned - especially the V6. You get a gorgeous looking coupe with the carrying capacity of a wagon. The design is a work of genius by Bertone, who came up with it and sold the idea to Alfa - not the other way round as usually happens.
2010 159 ti TBI. Red. Wife's daily driver.
2013 Giulietta Sportiva 1.4 MA. Anthracite Metalic  My daily driver.
2009 Mito Sport 1.4 TBI. Red. Daughter's daily driver.
1999 GTV V6. Black. Son's daily driver.

Beatle

Ok ok, I'm sold!  A guy at work dropped by in his red/tan 2004 GT yesterday and let me have a turn in the driver's seat.  I even sat in the back ;)    Forgot to take photos, but at least I know I fit.

Headroom in the back is challenging, probably even more-so than my old Alfetta GTV (I'm 6'1"), but significantly more legroom in the GT.  If you fit height-wise in the back seats, it would be a pleasant place to be.  Enough room for a couple of teenagers for an hour or two, plus luggage.  I'm mightily impressed by the cargo space I must say.

Now to find a nice example, with Q2, at the right price.....

Then again, a few dollars more buys a Brera  ::)  I could probably live with a JTS for the Brera's looks alone.

PS:  Anyone know where to source a dash mat for a RHD GT?  Do all the AU GTs have sunroofs?
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd

Craig_m67

Rear seats on the Brera don't fold completely flat, otherwise I'd have one  :-\
GT is based on the 156 Sportwagon I believe and the rear seats fold completely flat :)

I wonder if the 156 facelift dash would fit a GT
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

colcol

Out of interest, why would you want to fit a 156 facelift dash to a GT, to be different?, the 147 dash has bigger airconditioning vents, which would be more suited to Australian summers, and the deal breaker is the 147 dash, it has a drink holder built in to the dash....take that 156 drivers and cry, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Craig_m67

Because the 147/GT dash is low rent in my opinion.

oz3litre

Quote from: Craig_m67 on December 05, 2014, 09:19:10 PM
Because the 147/GT dash is low rent in my opinion.
Really? I disagree and the aircon vents are indeed much better. The GT is very well put together, I think. Another problem with Breras, from what I have heard and read, is the tall, poorly spaced American manual gearboxes that make the 159 series cars feel heavy, when in fact they aren't. They are stunning looking cars for sure. Our 159 ti Sportwagon has the six speed auto and doesn't feel at all heavy. A Brera with a 3.2 Busso and an Alfa gearbox would have been a fabulous thing, but so is the GT. We have the best of both worlds at our place.

Glad to hear you are sold on the GT Paul. You won't regret it for sure.

oz3litre

By the way, I didn't think any GTs had sunroofs. Mine doesn't and none of the others I know or have seen have one either. They lower your headroom anyway, so in a car like the GT would be best avoided in my opinion. The sunroof in our old 164 was a problem for my son who is less than six feet tall.

Beatle

Head clearance with a sunroof is the reason I asked.  I've seen a few GTs with fast glass.  Can't see a sunroof being anything but a liability once I move to QLD.

Is there any external queue to tell if a Q2 diff is installed?   Dealers usually don't have a clue. 

Here's one with a towbar fitted, and looks to be a heavy duty version at that!  I guess if you can't fit all the firewood in the back, you need to tow a trailer  :)      Also shows sunroof and strut brace.  http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Alfa-Romeo-GT-2005/AGC-AD-16983715/?Cr=6&sdmvc=1
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd

oz3litre

Well there you go! I wouldn't have a sunroof by choice myself, but if the right car had one, as in the case of our 159 ti wagon, I would live with it. I am influenced a bit by the one they fitted to 75s and 164s that were hit and miss as to whether they would open fully or close once open.

That GT looks very nice and has the same strut brace as mine. As to the Q2, you can't tell from the outside. Lack of torque steer when you put your boot into it at half or more throttle would be an indication. After fitting the Quaife to mine, (same as Q2, only machined better), I only get noticeable torque steer if I really plant it and even then it is minimal and instantly dealt with. They haul arse out of corners with those diffs in them and you can relax with no worries about breakage. The only absolutely certain way of knowing, apart from written assurance by the previous owner, is to get an Alfa mechanic to take a side cover off and look. You should be able to tell the difference between a car known to have one and one known not to have one too. In the case of that blue car you could try contacting the previous owner/s if they will let you.

Craig_m67

I've been (internet)looking at that one too, can't work out what the colour is though (blue obviously but has hints of something else.. I'm colour blind)

Which colours came with red interiors?

Off on by slight tangent, is there an aftermarket supercharger/turbo build for the 3.2 JTS?
(Anything from Holden fit?)

Beatle

Speaking of red interiors, there was a car on Carsales a few weeks back which had red leather interior, but also had red trim along the lower dash/knee section!  Sounds horrible but in the photos it looked quite good, tying the red seats and door trims into the whole car.
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd

Beatle

Rear side glass.  Is it fixed?
Paul B
QLD

Past:
'79 GTV - Loyal 1st love
'76 GT - Track entry
'89 75TS - Saved
'76 Alfetta - Sacrificed
'83 GTV6 - NT bullet
'67 Duetto - Fun
'66 Super - Endearing
'92 164 - Stunning
'85 90 - Odd

oz3litre