156 2000 - 2001 selespeed gear issues

Started by Blue Daimler, January 01, 2015, 04:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Daimler

Hi everyone, Happy New Year hope all is well. I have a problem selecting and moving to third gear once the vehicle has warmed up. I have no problems at all in the 10 min drive to work, but once warmed up when going for a weekend drive on the local tableland roads I have difficulty moving to third. I have various methods of getting to third by use of the gear stick and the Steeringwheel selectors but it gets a bit frustrating.  I was wondering if anyone has struck this problem before.
Thanks in advance.
Chris.
On another note, what is the difference between alphdiag and multi scan products?

Mick A

Gday,

It might be the speed sensor, or it might be an accumulator, or it might be the selespeed pump, or it might be a wiring problem, or it might be a couple other things...

As per usual, nobody can tell you for sure without seeing the car, so it's probably best to get it to your mechanic for diagnosis.

Mick.

bazzbazz

Chris, just confirming, once warmed up it still changes gear to 3rd ok, you just have to do it via the gearstick or steering wheel?

If this is correct then I would suggest you just need a recalibration to start with. And while its hooked up to the diagnostics it will show if there are any faults listed.

If your looking at acquiring your own diagnostics I would suggest Multiecuscan, it is the easiest of the suites to use. Alfadiag was replaced by Multiecuscan.

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Blue Daimler

Quote from: bazzbazz on January 02, 2015, 08:58:23 PM
Chris, just confirming, once warmed up it still changes gear to 3rd ok, you just have to do it via the gearstick or steering wheel?

If this is correct then I would suggest you just need a recalibration to start with. And while its hooked up to the diagnostics it will show if there are any faults listed.

If your looking at acquiring your own diagnostics I would suggest Multiecuscan, it is the easiest of the suites to use. Alfadiag was replaced by Multiecuscan.

Baz

Hi Baz yes it still moves into third I just have to push the button more than twice or the gear stick or a combination of the two.
She's a great little car, so I thought I'd spend a bit of money to learn a bit and increase my knowledge in software and vehicles.
I have a great mechanic here where I am, if I get the software and a manual I reckon we can get things under control.
Thanks you guys