Repairing kerbed rims

Started by alfag, December 06, 2014, 06:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfag

Hi

I picked up some damage to my rims.
When parking I scratched them against the curves!
They're the turbine style rims from a Giulietta Distinctive sports pack!

Can anyone advise on how much cosmetic repairs should cost and also where
is a good place to get them done?

Also there's a random rattle coming from behind the SatNav on the dash. Had anyone experienced this and any ideas on how to fix?

It's a 2013 model with the plug in Tom Tom.

Cheers

Dave

colcol

Neway wheel repairs in Heidleburg.
You can buy rim repair kits for Alfa Romeo's off ebay from the UK, its a do it yourself package that contains primer - fillers, top coat, [silver colour] and clear coat for protection, also it has oil and wax removers and wet and dry abrasive cloth to smooth it down, its designed to be done with tyres on rim.
The Giulietta that i drove a couple of weeks ago, the sat nav also rattled, due to flimsy construction of the sat nav holder.
It also drove me mad.
Cannot remember exactly how it was held on the dash, but i would stuff some cardboard pieces around the mount to stop it moving and see if that improves it
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Garibaldi

Yes, some of those gutters are pretty aggressive particularly some of the bluestone ones in the older parts of Melbourne. I remember I tore a big hole in the sidewall of a tyre on one of those a few years ago. >:(

alfag

Thanks both. I'll suss out both options
and let IOU know if I solve the rattle!
Pretty annoying !!

AndrewR

I have used and recomend Wheel Solutions in Church Street, Richmond.
Re rolled and repaired my T1 166 alloys.
2006-166 Ti