Passenger door not locking!!!

Started by gtv6sv, March 08, 2015, 06:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtv6sv

Hey guys!
Both my doors were locking fine yesterday on my '99 GTV twin spark . I needed to take off the passenger door trim to check some stuff around the door check strap area. I went to put everything back together and now the passenger door button  wont fully go down when i press the key button to lock the doors. It tries to go down but then it comes back up. It only locks if i use the key on the passenger side and it seems as though i have to kind of force it with the key. I tried pulling the trim  off again today to see if anything was blocking the locking mechanism but couldn't find anything.
Does anyone know what might be causing this?
Thank you.
1970 1750 Berlina
1983 GTV 2.0
1985 GTV6 2.5
1991 164 Q 12V
1992 33 16V S
1999 GTV Twin Spark

Davo416

With these doors it's all about the Bowen Cable that connects the interior door handle to the lock mechanism and making sure it is correctly seated and not under tension as you refit the door card. Best to keep giving it frequent small checks as you position the card so hopefully by the time you button it up it remains right!

Search "bouncing locks" on AO and ther is lots of info there

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/211355-door-card-removal-and-bouncing-locks.html

(Helps to have long skinny arms!!)

colcol

Pull all the door trim off and make sure nothing has bent or is snagging on something and with the door trim off see if the door will lock, something has been given a tweak somewhere.
Have the door catch in the 'closed' position and with a torch have a look at all the rods and levers, when you press the remote 'lock' button, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]