Non-genuine spark plug leads

Started by jazig.k, March 24, 2015, 02:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazig.k

Pissed off. Wrote a decent little review, damned forums had the usual problem when I try to upload images and deletes everything!!

Got these off eBay, fantastic, work perfect. Better than the OEM lead that were old and leaking. No noise issues, smoother idle and cruising. Not advertising etc etc.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130994388408?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Can't be bothered retyping it all.

jazig.k

trying pictures via attachments and not 'Insert Images'

jazig.k

Worked... Ignore the lacking covers etc, this was before I took it for a test drive.

Cool Jesus

Ha ha, been there with loosing a huge page of info. I now type it up on a word processor and cut and paste if it's going to be of any decent length. Good to see the ht cables do the job, have had a set ready for a while to install into the 164 track car. Was a little apprehensive, but confident it would do. Happier now with your post.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

jazig.k

I'm really happy with the improvement of new leads and plugs. Old plugs were Ok, just think the leads were the original 260,000km old leads.
Driving to work I hit a few hills, usually which I needed to shift down to 4th to maintain 100km [3lt LSD behind the TS will do that haha]. The car definitely feels stronger! Maintaining speed better up hill, so much better I don't need to shift down or even hold the throttle flat. But really, the car just feels smoother now, from idle to cruising at any given speed in any gear. I won't claim it's the leads brand or anything though, it's just because the leads don't leak.

I never got new leads for my 3lt because of the resistor "black magic" that shrouded them on the forums. I connected that with the TS and here I was bying leads thinking they were a 50/50 win lose. It's just purist hype IMO now, or the lack of knowledge, the risk to step out and try. 

A few forums have been really buggy lately and driving me insane with post deletes when I click the submit button. This one just never attaches anything and throws me to a brand new "start topic" page whether I was posting a reply or starting a new thread. Multiple computers too, so I don't believe it's on my end.