New Rotor Suggestions

Started by DHDamo, April 16, 2015, 07:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHDamo

Ok team, time for new pads and rotors for the road/sprint steed. Got some Ferodo ds 2500 i think on the way, any suggestions for discs?

Anybody used something like this before? http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=360743428886&category=33564&pm=1&ds=0&t=1428130434532

They 'seem' like an upgrade from the stock ones (grooved and dimpled) , anybody got any thoughts for or against or a suggestion of better for cheaper etc?

Cheers,

DB
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

MD

My advice is general in nature. There is a propensity for well known brands of rotors in Australia to have them manufactured in Indo-China. The product looks and smells like the real deal but it's a lucky dip to score the right metallurgy in the rotor. They are not made to a specific standard.

My advice is to stick with the original ATE product which is made to the the DIN standard. This is a key issue.

I wrote to DBA and asked them where their rotors are made. After 2 years, I am still waiting for an answer. I also wrote to EBC and asked them the same question, they told me the rotors are made in China.

Make of that how your experience with products from these places finds you.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

DHDamo

Yep, I thought that might be the case. Thanks MD, will probs head towards originals.
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)

Neil Choi

Quote from: MD on April 16, 2015, 07:29:21 PM
I wrote to DBA and asked them where their rotors are made. After 2 years, I am still waiting for an answer. I also wrote to EBC and asked them the same question, they told me the rotors are made in China.

These days everything is made in China, even me!!!!!!!

Repco Lad

DHDamo

Have a look at TRW. Full range of pads and rotors now being brought into Aus inc early Alfa

Recently put RDA rotors and EBC pads on my 2004 MG saloon ( as regular brands don't cover this model)

Worst pedal feel ever- changed to TRW- all good

MD

QuoteThese days everything is made in China, even me!!!!!!!

Haahaa Neil. I see your Chinese made sense of humour is alive and doing well. ;D

Personally on the track I use Japanese made rotors that stand up to the punishment really well. They don't warp and the wear rate is minimal.The friction rate is up there as well. The painful side is that to do so I have had to carry out stud pattern changeovers in order to fit them but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

dcc236

For everyday driving the RDA rotors and pads are cheap and fine.

If you track the car, I'd be looking elsewhere.

Cheapest place to get RDA gear is via Marc at Iautosport - Marc Hammond 0419 404 426 or info@iautosport.com.au

DHDamo

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, definitely looking to do 10 or so track days a year so if I don't go original, I want something better (if that exists for stock 2L 4 stud pattern).
Now:
'84 GTV
'12 Nissan Navara D22

Then:
'83 Giulietta ('01-'06)