Stanceworks Feature car. JUR33. Let's upset the purists...

Started by jazig.k, May 09, 2015, 10:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazig.k

"Jason's extensive modifications and the foreign heart were in lieu of his promises to the car's original owner. "The owner was passionate about keeping things period with the car.  I had to keep my mouth stitched well shut about my future plans, lest I offend.  I knew my plans wouldn't find too many ears keen to know about my build," Jason says. He had the man thoroughly convinced that his GTV was in a purist's hands, but it couldn't have been further from the truth."

http://www.stanceworks.com/2015/05/a-new-modus-operandi-jason-jakovacs-sr20-swapped-alfa-romeo-2000-gtv/

Duk

I love it!
Thoroughly done and with great passion to go faster!!!  8) 8) 8)
The Daily: Jumped Up Taxi (BF F6 Typhoon). Oh the torque! ;)
The Slightly More Imediate Project: Supercharged Toyota MR2.
The Long Standing Conundrum: 1990 75 V6 (Potenziata)............. What to do, what to do???

Craig_m67

Is it actually QLD roadworthy (or just wearing plates)?

i like it, good on him.
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

GTV-074

Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

Brad M

I'm confused by the write up (and car) ...

The dash doesn't look right to me for a 2 litre, looks 1600 to me and this "To fit the wheels, Jason passed on the go-to GTA-M rivet-on arches, deeming them "played out" as well as unacceptable on a step-nose car."

Step nose ? It looks like a 2 litre and with the previous owner keen on originality
Quote from: jazig.k on May 09, 2015, 10:24:14 AM
The owner was passionate about keeping things period with the car.  I had to keep my mouth stitched well shut about my future plans, lest I offend.  I knew my plans wouldn't find too many ears keen to know about my build,

I have to admit though that I am in awe of the craftsmanship displayed in the build.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

colcol

The only nice thing i can say about this is that it has Tomei Japanese parts in it.
If you want a Japanese type rice burner, the buy one, don't molest a Italian Classic.
Why is it that some people need 600 horse power to be considered a desirable car?, just leave it as the maker intended.
Like a bloke in knew in the Alfa Club in the 90's who was going to put a WRX motor in a 33.
Just means more speeding fines and bigger accidents, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

jazig.k

Quote from: Brad M on May 09, 2015, 07:56:00 PM
Step nose ? It looks like a 2 litre and with the previous owner keen on originality

I have to admit though that I am in awe of the craftsmanship displayed in the build.

There are a few bit that caught my eye with the write up, but, it wasn't written by people who know Alfa's.

I love it. Since getting my first Alfa 13 years ago [Wow... Time went fast!], I've seen countless Alfa builds that are just the same as a hundred or more others. Could argue I'm doing the same myself sometimes... But I think it's fantastic this guy built his car, his way. Regardless of the typical attitude he was knowing to come. Alfa guys sure are a narrow-minded bunch most of the time .

david sammartino

As much as i don't like the idea of ruining a 105 in my opinion, i was willing to appreciate the build and engineering aspect, until i looked closely and noticed the rear number plate mounted on an angle and could only wonder that if the bloke cant get a ruler and do something so simple than i can only imagine below the rest of the shiny painted bits.
Cars a write off in my book!

Garibaldi

I really don't know what to think. 105's are timeless classics and should be treated accordingly. Whilst I appreciate the engineering that has gone into this car surely a similar result could have been achieved by using a different vehicle. >:(

Duk

I wonder how many of the upset purists would still be complaining if it still had an Alfa engine in it???
The Daily: Jumped Up Taxi (BF F6 Typhoon). Oh the torque! ;)
The Slightly More Imediate Project: Supercharged Toyota MR2.
The Long Standing Conundrum: 1990 75 V6 (Potenziata)............. What to do, what to do???

Garibaldi

A rice burner engine should go in a rice burner vehicle. End of story. ::)

GTV-074

Just to clarify us bunch of 'narrow minded people' ......

I don't mind 'custom cars' whether they be Alfa, Ford or Volvo's - If they are done well.

I imagine a lot of engineering has gone into the vehicle but as far as 'customising' goes, in my opinion its not executed very well or is it clever - too many cliches.

Each to there own but 'carbon fibre' highlights, 1750 or whatever dash with crude alloy panel inserts, no steering column shrouding, no bumper over rider rubbers etc etc.

I am not a fan of torana A9X wheel arch extensions or big fat low profile rubber. The boot area also looks unfinished.

boot pins etc.

If it was tidied up and detailed and the tyres changed (IMO) i would appreciate it much more.

I understand people can do whatever they want to an Alfa if its theirs and as I mentioned the engineering work on this car is extraordinary.

I just don't think the rest of it is executed very well ... IMO !
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

VeeSix

1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 V6 2.5 12V 
1986 Alfa Romeo 90 V6 2.5 12V
1990 Alfa Romeo 75 V6 3.0 12V Potenziata
1990 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V Zender
1991 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V QV
1992 Alfa Romeo 164 V6 3.0 12V QV

GTVeloce

I don't mind it as is but for me it would be better if it had a neater outside finish. Meaning, lose the flares and weld on arch extensions if needed. Lose the boot pins and the hoses poking out from the grill. Then it would look a little more like a hot GTA from the outside but something very different lurking under the bonnet and well sorted suspension/brakes etc.