156 Sportwagon rear wiper

Started by Craig_m67, June 12, 2015, 03:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig_m67

Anybody know if the 156 Sportwagon rear wiper arm and blade is shared with any other local vehicles. Somebody snapped mine off a while back and I feel the need to replace it with all the crap weather we've been having up here recently.

I believe the arm is 500mm long and the wiper blade about 370mm. I don't have one for reference unfortunately and most of the car auto places are telling me "computer says no".

It's the same one as the 147 (not that this helps them either).

Cheers
Craig
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

colcol

Why don't you just get a good second hand wiper assembly from an Alfa Wrecker, went through the same process with a replacement arm for the 33, none of the parts dealers had the arm, but had the wiper rubber blade assembly.
I would hate to think what a new one would cost as the spline and wiper arm length and angle would be 156 Sportswagon only, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Craig_m67

1. There are no decent wreckers for Alfa in Brisbane, you live in Melbourne so I expect you don't have this experience
2. The arm is made of plastic and bolts on, no splines. I would prefer a new one.
3. It's an £11 part new (Valeo, Champion, Bosch) from numerous UK sources
4. It is shared with other vehicles, including Peugeot I think however I can't find an suitable cross reference source

Neil Choi

So why don't you just order one from the UK?

Craig_m67

Mick A

The wreckers in Melbourne are quite smart.

They can put the part you want in a box, write your address on it, and a day or two later you have the part you need.

I know, amazing.

Mick.

bazzbazz

We're all "Mental Geniuses" till it's our turn to have a "blank spot" in our train of thought!   ::)    ;)

Craig, I know that Angelo at APF Motors at Boondall has a fully intact wagon with rear wiper in his wrecking yard.
Give him a call & see if he's willing to part with it - 32654914

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au