147, a bunch of parts needed

Started by giovannidc, June 11, 2015, 03:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giovannidc

Hi, i own a 147, first generation and altough it is going pretty well there are a couple minor things that i want to fix.
First of all, about a month ago my dash started prompting me that my brake light is gone.
I am fairly sure it's the right hand side one and i don't think i require a mechanic to do the job.
What bulb do i need as a replecement?
Second thing: the airbag cover on the passenger side. It is popping out on its left hand side and it is just annoying. Again, can you suggest any part even on ebay?
Third and maybe last part: bootlid badge.
As you guys know this one fades pretty badly and i just can't look at it anymore. While i am at it i would not mind changing the one on the bonnet too since it's got a little chip.
Thanks in advance :)

Craig_m67

Welcome,
I don't own a 147 (can't own them all) but do like them
User Manual >> http://www.box.net/shared/kr11mjv2pr
Looks like the rear lamp cluster needs to be removed from the body to access the lampbulbs

Badges are available on eBay but check you have right model as the mounting pins, etc may be different.  Airbag cover is just that, a plastic cover. Make sure you reafix it in a way that it won't impede the airbag when/if needed.

Good luck :)

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

giovannidc

Cheers.
The stop light thing seems ok to do in a spare afternoon.
For the badges, i don't mind just a sticker one as long as it's comparable to the original.
Also, would love a vintage badge if possible.

poohbah

Quote from: giovannidc on June 11, 2015, 03:16:44 PM
the airbag cover on the passenger side. It is popping out on its left hand side and it is just annoying.

Hi Giovanni and welcome to the cult.

I don't want to be alarming, but a dislodged airbag cover is sometimes a sign that the car has been in a shunt, and that the bag has been deployed.

Not necessarily something to worry about, but it might be worth researching its history and double checking for any signs of structural damage, for peace of mind anyway.

Re the bootlid badge, I had the same problem on my 156 (no longer with us...) and bought one of the adhesive backed emblems. It was virtually impossible to tell it was a stick-on unless you really got up close. Was a cheap, quick, painless and perfectly respectable solution.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

Andiroid

Hi, the clips for the airbag cover are quite flimsy. Just look at a few pics of ads on carsales and a majority have a airbag cover askew. It's not evidence of a crash at all. I've replaced mine a couple of times. Clips in eBay.

ALFA ROMEO 147 156 GT PASSENGER AIR TRIM CLIPS DASHBOARD PANEL 71713084

The badges are also on eBay.
2013 Giulietta Distinctive Sportiva, 2004 147 Twin Spark 3dr

giovannidc

Thanks guys, i appreciate the suggestions.
I'll post a better reply Sunday, i'll be less tired and busy.

giovannidc

Got my car washed and polished today and it does look awesome!
One thing though is that when i got into the car and switched it on i had yet another warning light.
Now the left side light refuses to work.
WTF.

colcol

You switched what on and another warning light was on, now the left side light doesn't work, i assume you mean headlights?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Garibaldi

Col, I have had a few of these issues with my 147 and it is usually the connectors that are the problem rather than the bulbs. They seem to work their way loose and you get the light failures coming up, although it is usually on an intermittent basis. The fix is normally just a case of tightening up the little internal terminals and you are good to go. :)

giovannidc

Yeah, headlights.
I really need to have access to all the bays tomorrow and give a good look at the connectors and clean them.

colcol

Jaycar sell a good connector cleaners, one is a cleaner and the other is a cleaner/protector with some lube.
Need some rubber gloves and bandages to try and lower the cuts to your hands, when working on globes and connectors, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

giovannidc