For sale: 1969 Giulia Super (Biscione) project car - Hobart

Started by Davidm1600, June 09, 2015, 02:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidm1600

Hi all, with due consideration that this project has been stalled for too long and it doesn't seem like I am ever going to get around to completing it, I feel it is best to let it go to someone else who can complete it.  I bought it back in 2002, it was Prunella (dark red-plum colour), it was complete but extremely rusty.  It came from Melbourne.  Confirmation from Marco Fazio shows it was sold new in Melbourne. 

Since buying it I had it completely stripped down to bare metal, and had the rust removed and replaced with new metal, inc. new cills, repairs to the rear guards, front guard bottoms and some other localized small repairs as required.  I think there is still one small area of rust that was missed when this work was done, (in the LHS inner rear wheel arch).  This work cost over $2.5K.

I had the gearbox completely overhauled - in parts alone this cost $1100K.  I also had the dash recovered, new fiddleback blackwood veneers for the dash, the ashtray was recovered, instrument pod and dash air vent powder coated.  Early style '66-67 instruments are fitted to the dash pod. I have bought a significant range of new (eg Classic Alfa and Milano Spares), parts inc. rubber seals, bungs, side and front indicator lens, new correct snake bite headling, plus a huge range of good condition second hand parts and other parts have been refurbished.   It comes with a good condition earlier style interior ('66-67 super), in black seats, door cards and door architecture.   All glass is included and is in good condition, ditto the bumpers, grills, headlight surrounds etc etc.

It doesn't have an engine, but all suspension, exhaust, brakes, electricals, driveshaft, diff are there but will/may require refurbishment.

Given the rise in value of good condition Giulia sedans (Supers, and 1300 Ti's), but recognizing this is a big project and will take time and money, it still represents a good opportunity for someone wanting a Giulia for the road, track or as a classic rally car.

I have a bundle of photos of the car as it is now, and can take more as needed.  Just ask and provide me an email address.

I am not going to give it away so no low ball offers, and it will need to be put on a truck/trailer to take away, so please factor this in, especially as I am in Hobart.   Selling for less than I have spent on it, but that is to be expected.   Looking for around $4.5K.   PM me, ph 0419565786 or email to osca1600@gmail.com  for any more details as needed. 
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Davidm1600

See here another pic of the Super :D  I don't seem to be able to post any more photos here as I am assuming the format is too large.  So in case anyone is interested I have posted the same advert plus a range of photos up on the AlfaBB under the Australian section.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Davidm1600

Bump, doesn't anyone want a Super, albeit a project.  Its worth restoring for sure, I just don't have the means to finish this one.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina