ECU diagnostic socket

Started by BazzaGTV, August 23, 2015, 12:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaGTV

Hi can someone please tell me where the ecu diagnostic socket is located on a Alfa GTV  T spark 2.0 2001 model

colcol

Surely someone with a twin spark GTV knows?, its not like they never get used chasing error codes,  ok, on a 156, it is to the right of the driver, just near the fusebox, there is a cover that comes of to expose the fusebox.
It is a design rule, throughout the world that diagnostic ports have to be located within the drivers area within xxxx milimetres, to stop car manufacturers hiding them in the boot or under carpet somewhere, hope this helps, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Cool Jesus

Passenger foot well, remove the side cover panel on centre tunnel, it should be tucked away in their if it wasn't moved when it change from the 3 pin terminal...
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Mick A

Quote from: colcol on August 23, 2015, 08:39:58 PM
Surely someone with a twin spark GTV knows?, its not like they never get used chasing error codes,  ok, on a 156, it is to the right of the driver, just near the fusebox, there is a cover that comes of to expose the fusebox.
It is a design rule, throughout the world that diagnostic ports have to be located within the drivers area within xxxx milimetres, to stop car manufacturers hiding them in the boot or under carpet somewhere, hope this helps, Colin.

Completely incorrect Colin.

I'm sure he said GTV, not 156.

Why are you explaining where it is on a 156?

To add to the reply from Jesus, the plug for the airbag computer is located in a different spot should you require that one, it is in the compartment with the battery behind the drivers seat.

-mick.

colcol

Before OBD, the ports were not always in a good spot, so the powers that be decided to have the ports located within the drivers seat, to stop them being hidden, the fuse box is usually on the drivers side so thats where the port is usually located, i know he said GTV and not 156, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Mick A

Quote from: colcol on August 25, 2015, 09:02:22 PM
Before OBD, the ports were not always in a good spot, so the powers that be decided to have the ports located within the drivers seat, to stop them being hidden, the fuse box is usually on the drivers side so thats where the port is usually located, i know he said GTV and not 156, Colin.

Thanks for the info.

BazzaGTV

Thanks guys found it it is located right near the fusebox and has a 16 pin connector