Shannons Legends of Motorsport on 7mate this Saturday 19 July at 4.30pm

Started by Evan Bottcher, July 16, 2014, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Might be worth watching?

QuoteShannons Legends of Motorsport debuts this weekend.
Allan Moffat is the featured guest in first episode of new series.
This weekend is a special one with the debut episode of a new television series focusing on the rich history of Australian motor sport - Shannons Legends of Motorsport.
Host and Executive Producer Neil Crompton, co-host Aaron Noonan and respected motor sport director/editor Nathan Prendergast have combined to help bring the rich Seven Sport motor sport archive to life.
The first of 12 episodes in the series airs this Saturday 19 July at 4.30pm on 7mate and features a very special guest - four-time Bathurst winner Allan Moffat.
Filmed in front of a live audience at Bowden's Own Car Collection on the Sunshine Coast, this special episode takes us down memory lane with one of the true icons of Australian motor sport.
The four-time Australian Touring Car Champion sits down to talk us through all sorts of topics married up with the fantastic tape library archive of the Seven Sport vault.
A familiar face, Mark Oastler, also stops by and focuses on the famous Coca Cola TransAm Mustang that Moffat raced in the late 1960s and early 1970s that forms part of the Bowden's collection.
The Legends of Motorsport team has spent hours and hours in the Channel 7 library in Docklands, Melbourne, and has turned out some real gems - all sorts of vision unseen in years and much of it long forgotten - until now!
Of course there will be plenty of old favourites in term of vision as well - plus a special guest from Moffat's Ford factory Falcon past will stop by for a chat on the couch.
Saturday 19 July at 4.30pm on 7mate and replays on 7mate. Check your local guide.

http://www.cams.com.au/media/news/latest-news/motor-sport-blast-from-the-past
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Barry Edmunds

I enjoyed the first episode of the Legends of Motorsport on 7 Mate. Will try next Saturday. Check the change of time for Saturday July 26, listed in my TV program as 3.30 pm Saturday.

GTV-074

i watched the first episode too. I thought it was just "acceptable". Too many ads, not enough racing footage etc.

Didn't live up to the description above. 'trawled through archives, rare footage' , well that was few and far between. I didn't learn anything new about Moff'.

Scant coverage of the Mustang, no mention of his Monza etc etc.

This week its Larry Perkins. I'll give it one more go!

I really wish they would have made a real fist of it and gone in depth with some really rare footage and background. I am sure they will flog us a DVD Box set when its finished!

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

colcol

Watched the Larry Perkins Story for about 5 minutes, .....until listening to the olden days commentery by the WORST Motorsport caller in the world, Mike Raymond, then when you think it cannot possibly get any worse and then its Mark Ostler, give me Neil Crompton and Mark Skaife anyday, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

colcol

Ford legend Dick Johnston returns to the Shannons Legends of Motorsport this Saturday.
The show returns on 7mate at 2pm across Australia, kicking off a 12 part series to be co hosted by Bill Woods and Aaron Noonan.
Season 2 will also shine the spotlight on Glenn Seton, George Fury, Kevin Bartlett, Fred Gibson, Brad Jones and Bob Morris.
The show features interviews with the drivers as well as recently unearthed footage from the seven vaults.
Produced by Neil Crompton, last years inaugural season picked up awards from both CAMS and V8 Media Association, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]