Ignition warning lights

Started by BazzaGTV, September 19, 2015, 08:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaGTV

Hi when I turn key to mar position I have no dash warning lights and none of my key operated devices work (blinkers,wipers, headlights power windows or sunroof I do have power in battery operated devices but not key.Battery is brand new.my car is a alfa romeo gtv Tspark 2001 model.please can someone give some advice
Bazza

bazzbazz

Check Fuse F16 - 20 Amp in fuse box, it supplies all those.

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

BazzaGTV

Thanks Baz for your reply but all fuses are in check.when I take key out in park thr instrument panel lights up and side lights come on which it is supposed to but have no power in mar position and key will not engage in start position because no power thanks any way. By the way I also tested key operated supply relay 164 and it works.
Thank you kindly

bazzbazz

Ok, May I suggest you Give me a call, I have all the workshop manuals, diagnostics and specs. Also have dealt with these types of problems in GTVs on many occasion.  I recon a 15-30 minutes phone call will have you losing points from your licence faster than you can calculate bus fare!  ;)

0405 721613 between 9.00am - 6.00pm

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

BazzaGTV

Hi Bazz
Thank you so much for your time and replies I fixed the problem was the ignition barrel gears which prevented key reaching mar position . The car starts now thanks. Another problem has risen when the car starts it idles perfectly for 10 sec then starts to idle roughly revs drop to 0 and when I try to give it gas it sputters then cuts of .if i do not give it gas it continues to idle roughly at 0 can you help