'04 Alfa 156 2.5l V6 6sp Man. • Giugiaro Facelift

Started by squareznboxez, September 16, 2015, 10:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squareznboxez

`04 Alfa 156 2.5l V6 6pd Manual - Phase 3 Giugiaro Facelift • Quadrifoglio

A very special, final version of one of Alfa Romeo's most successful cars, this Quadrifodlio bestowed car represents a line of flagship Alfa models since the emblems first use in 1923

This ultimate specification 156 was delivered in 2004 with a range topping (with the exception of the GTA), last of it's kind, Aresé built Busso 2.5l, paired with a noteworthy 6sp manual transmission, featuring a interior combination of hand-stitched Camel Tan leather with Pale Wood steering wheel and gearshift knob

Completing the 156's black exterior, is the 17in multi-spoke alloys and optioned glass-panel sunroof

Make/Model: '04 Alfa Romeo 156
Specification: 2.5l V6 • 6sp Manual Transmission
Mileage: 77,636 km
Registration Expiry: 13th January 2016
Rego no.: HEY 156
VIN: ZAR93200001350903
Price: $10,500

Pictures, Ownership and Servicing History detailed below

Pictures

Interior

Under the skin;

Ownership

An enthusiast owned Alfa, kept and maintained with longevity in mind.  All receipts, logbooks and 2 sets of keyfobs still in-hand.  This limited-edition Alfa presents an fantastic opportunity to a potential owner to acquire a low-mileage example with a fastidious, no-expense-spared servicing and maintenance history to enjoy a turn-key, worry-free (as can be) red-blooded Italian automotive experience

Condition

This low mileage example is a turn-key driver in full operational form, with all electrics, locks, globes, door hinges and sunroof maintained, greased and replaced accordingly

All panels and paint are original, with the 17in alloys recently refinished to original specification.  The side windows and rear windshield were applied with 38% window tint, adding privacy and relief from heat during summer months.  The front driver and passenger windows have also been fitted with 156 specific wind deflectors allowing for airflow during rainy and extreme conditions

Servicing and Replacement History

Servicing is up to date as recent as 9/9/15 with a fluid overhaul including

• Engine oil & filter (Top-tier Fully Synthetic Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40)
• Manual Transmission Fluid (Penrite Gear 80w-90)
• Radiator fluid flush and fill (Nulon Blue Euro-specific 5yr/350,000km)

Consumables replaced include;

• Radiator with Nissens OEM replacement (non-generic OEM supplier)
• Rear brake pads

Car also underwent a wheel alignment and balance, readying the car for a further 10,000kms/12mths

Other replacements include;

- Bilstein B4 Strut/Dampers - Front and Rear (replaced 29/01/15 @ 67,401kms)
Preventative maintenance was essential as the nose-heavy V6 can prematurely wear the nose of the car, throwing off the balance of the handling)

- OEM paper-cone speakers were replaced with quality Pioneer 2-way front splits (TSA1605C) and 3-way rear coaxials (TSA1675).  The original fascia was kept to not disrupt the clean factory stereo appearance)

- Major cambelt and waterpump service was also carried out in late 2014

Blemishes & Imperfections

- Rear bumper features 2 vertical scratches
- Small dent on rear left corner of the roof from an unfortunate fallen tree branch, thankfully this dent has not broken through the clear-coat is isolated.
- Bonnet struts needing to be replaced

I would be very happy to allow for viewings of the car, after business hours during mon-fri and by appointment on weekend.  I am also very happy to answer any queries, concerns or offers via phone-call or SMS (SMS is preferable to appoint a return phone call)

This car has only bought joy to the owner since acquiring, and with all the servicing, maintenance and consumable items taken care of, this rare and elegant 156 proposes to offer trouble-free yet thrilling motoring for many years to come

Make/Model: '04 Alfa Romeo 156
Specification: 2.5l V6 • 6sp Manual Transmission
Mileage: 77,636 km
Registration Expiry: 13th January 2016
Rego no.: HEY 156
VIN: ZAR93200001350903
Price: $10,500

squareznboxez

Car is still available, being a slightly peculiar car, so i'm not expecting it to sell immediately

I do encourage anyone who is interested in the car to call through for a chat or to organise a time to view the car

I had a question regarding the differences between the Phase (series) 1 models and this Phase 3 from a memeber in Alfa Club Vic, so for anyone wondering i have pasted my response below;

regarding the engine changes from the Phase 1 ('97-'01 - bumpers w/ black trim & black mirrors) to the Phase 2 ('02-'03 coloured bumper trim w/ coloured mirrors) to the Phase 3 ('04-'06 Giugiaro facelift)

I believe the key difference with the Giugiaro cars, is the engine management (ECU) was updated from CF2 to CF3 (Giugiaro facelift), meaning a few more sensors providing more metrics/feedback through the in-dash screen,where as the Phase 1 cars simply have the air vents mounted on the dash,

CF3 (Phase 3) cars had 3 catalytic converters instead of the 1 found in the CF2 (Phase 1 & 2) cars - the Phase 3 cars are often criticised for this added, seemingly unnecessary complexity, but i believe this was due to changing emissions requirements at the time in Europe

The ECU location was in the passenger foot-well for the CF2 models, the CF3 had the ECU located in the inlet manifold

All 156 V6's came with electronic throttle instead of cables i believe so there is no change here

Resources below;

http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/alfa_romeo_cf.shtml

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=6072.0

squareznboxez

Afternoon all, motivated to sell, car will be available all weekend for inspection, don't be scared to ask tough questions, it would be great to talk to some like-minded people

Car has been washed, waxed, and dressed, leather has been cleaned and conditioned and interior carpets and floor-mats deodorized

squareznboxez

Morning All, price has been adjusted to $11,700, this well-kept car will make an excellent daily driver and weekend treat all in one

Motivated to sell so please get in touch if to register your interest

squareznboxez

Evening all, i have decided to withdraw the car from sale and continue my ownership, i am happy to leave the ad up for reference but at this stage i do not have the resolve to continue having the car actively listed

Thanks again to all interested parties and look forward to continue sharing the experience with you all

squareznboxez

Afternoon all, my apologies for the rollercoaster of information, i have restored the carsales ad for the 156, once again motivated to sell, while the going is good and the car is in great shape

i have recently gotten the itch to put myself into a good position to make a play this 1977 260Z

http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/private/details/datsun-260z-1977-27606894?base=1216+1841&vertical=Car&cr=11&page=2&eapi=2&__N=1247+1282+1252+1246+1216&num=12&silo=Stock&sort=LastUpdate

so interested parties please get in touch, ask questions, come and see the car as i am once again motivated to sell

squareznboxez

rice further adjusted to $10,500, don't hesistate to get in touch if you think this 156 has your name on it

squareznboxez

Hi all, car is still available, will also come with a full year's registration for the listed price of $10,500

once again motivated to sell so get in touch if you are interested