Spider Window/Roof leak

Started by jim501, October 24, 2015, 12:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim501

I've got a small gap between the top of the passenger window and the roof (photo below) that is letting a good river of water in during rain. Anyone know a good solution, or is a new roof thing (in the plans over time but it's still leakproof, just looks it age)?

Cool Jesus

If its the door glass to the rubber that you talk off, that can be adjusted. Get yourself a copy of the shop manual and have a go or use one of the forum sponsors or Alfa specific mechanic to adjust.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

jim501

Yeah, seems it's the window that needs adjustment. Was going to have a crack but not really confident with electrics, so will look into getting someone to do it for me.

jim501

So had my Spider at the shop because of an ATS light (will discuss in another thread) and mentioned the window to the mechanic. Asked for a recommendation for someone to fix, which his reply was "most don't want to play around with these", but lo and behold when I pick it up in the arvo and he had it all sorted while he was waiting on some parts. Nice to be able to drive in the rain again!