ALFA 147 rear indicator problem and boot wiring

Started by adam420, December 23, 2015, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam420

Hi Guys,

I have a 2001 alfa 147, twin spark manual hatchback.

I woke up the other morning and some one had crashed into the back of me whilst I was asleep and the car parked out the front. and now its left me with 2 problems

1:
I Thought it would be cheaper to get a whole new boot lid rather than pay for the dent to be fixed, only problem is now Ive got this wiring issue (think its for the rear wiper and it runs from top of tail gate through the roof i think to the dash) and dont know how easy it will be to do it? Just seeing if theres any tips?

2:
The rear right indicator no longer works.
Ive checked the globes and fuses and put new ones in but it hasnt fixed anything.

Ive heard it could be the indicator stalk? or possibly the computer, which according to something i read in the forum could just be needed to dry out to stop condensation...?

Any help would be really good as it looks like im going to be stuck paying a big bill for someone doing a runner on me  im in western australia so any pricing est would also be good

thanks guys!!!

colcol

If the cars been hit in the bum and the blinker no longer works, then logic tells you that the problem is in the hatch, the globes are ok, its most likely a broken printed circuit, if the blinker was working before the crash, then the electrics in the car are most likely ok.
Now getting another hatch to replace the damaged one as it would be cheaper than getting it repaired, how long is a piece of string?.
If you get a second hand Hatch, then you have got to get the right color, you might get the right color, but will it match your car?, it may be a different batch of paint, a different year of build, the hatch may have been repainted, it may have lived in the sun for a long time and be faded or not at all, unless the hatch is heavily damaged, you might be best to repair the hatch and you won't have to remove it and hopefully the respray will match the existing color of your car.
Just my two cents worth anyway, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

adam420

Thanks for the help colin,

I was able to get another matching hatch allready and just and just wondering about the wiring for the rear wiper and de fogger, if there was any tips.

Ill give the globe connections a more thorough look and have a look into the broken printed circut and see how i go

thanks again for the info

colcol

Allthough, i have never done a 147 Hatch, i have done heaps of 33 hatches, they can't be too different.
Take all the inside trim off, so you can get a better view of things and unplug the connectors at the wiper and tail lights and push the wires towards the front of the car out of the hatch, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]