2004 156 TI

Started by alfagtv152, February 02, 2016, 07:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv152

Hi All,
Anybody have any idea where the wiring runs for the curtain airbags runs?.
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

colcol

The yellow wires run to the back parcel shelf, behind the headrests, to the exploding gas cylinders to fire the curtains, is this what you are talking about?, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

alfagtv152

Hi Col,
Yes that's what I am looking for thank you. I have an open circuit on the drivers side and high value on the passenger side curtains and wasn't sure where to look for the connections. I also found some stuff on alfabb to help.
Cheers
Andrew

alfagtv152

Hi all,
After going to a lot of effort to fix all the air bag issues in the 99 156 I had I realised that my 2004 156 JTS wasn't showing the air bag symbol at start up so I thought I should investigate. First I checked the air bag faults which were all about the curtain air bags so I looked into the wiring etc thinking it would come from the front up the B pillar or A pillar but wasted a lot of time and energy. Got on to the internet and found lots of threads about the curtain air bags and being the plugs in the boot area under the parcel shelf giving trouble so I looked into it today and with a bit of tightening female plug couplings and CRC I managed to clear the faults ok. Now for the air bag light!, I removed the panel with the warning lights between the Tach and Speedo and dismantled it to find the front cover had been coloured in with a black texta on the back and the LED was painted black!!!!!!. I cleaned off the texta ok but when I tried to clean the LED thinking it was texta the LED broke off the board,ARRRGHHHH!. I cleaned it with thinners and with much fiddling around I managed to solder it back on to the board and now it all works as it should!.
Thanks for the reply Col.