156 TI info center

Started by alfagtv152, February 01, 2016, 07:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv152

Hi All,
I have an issue with my 156 TI info center,the info center resets to Jan 1 every time you turn the key off. I checked the wiring and it has a constant 12V supply with the key off so I tried another one,still the same. Also I do not get any Data from the info center regarding mileage,consumption or any of the other functions from the trip computer.
Any body had any experience with this?
Cheers
Andrew
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

dcc236

I had this happen in my 2006 156 JTS only two weeks ago. The car had not been used for about 6 weeks before. The fix was to charge the battery overnight.

Check the condition of your battery and alternator.

alfagtv152

It appears the info center does rely on the speedo for data. I changed the speedo over today and instantly got all the data appearing in the info center.
The speedo I took out looks like it has a patch of dried up cocacola on the circuit board under the dial!,wonder if I can fix it?. The KM reading is getting further and further away from the truth, this speedo says 102K,the speedo I took out says 185K, the ECU says 229K .

Craig_m67

Quote from: alfagtv152 on March 09, 2016, 09:11:06 PM
It appears the info center does rely on the speedo for data. I changed the speedo over today and instantly got all the data appearing in the info center.
The speedo I took out looks like it has a patch of dried up cocacola on the circuit board under the dial!,wonder if I can fix it?. The KM reading is getting further and further away from the truth, this speedo says 102K,the speedo I took out says 185K, the ECU says 229K .

So, what is the truth, 229K km or has the ECU been changed at some stage too (not unheard of if you lose the keys). I'm guessing at this mileage it's more about condition and services more than anything else. :)

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

alfagtv152

Very good question!. That is just it I do not know what the truth is, the car is very good order interior, body and Mechanically. I am inclined to believe the speedo as this matches the service records that came with the car.
I checked my 166 and the odometer says 127K and the ecu says 10K but it has 1 re-flash so the odometer is probably correct as it also corresponds to the service history.