SOLD - FOR SALE as a package 2 x 1978 Alfetta GTV's plus loads of spares $6000

Started by Fettaguy, May 23, 2016, 05:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fettaguy

Hi All,

I have for sale 2 x 1978 Alfetta GTV's (Both unregistered) plus all the spares that I've accumulated over the years. I'm looking to sell it all as a package $6000 ono

Alfetta Number 1 (Red)

Was a project that was started by one member of the Sydney Alfa club before being sold to another member of the club to be finished and then bought by me.
It was resprayed around 2006ish and is almost rust free (It is an Alfa after all) with the only evidence of rust being a small spot on the back of the hatch, It does however have a fair few (Lot) of stone chips around the sill's as a result of a season of Supersprints in 2009, Had I stayed out of the gravel trap's it would have faired much better!!

I believe that the suspension was done by Randell Perkins, It's running 25mm torsion bars (I also have a set of 28mm torsion bars bought from Vince Sharp), 24mm rear sway bar (which I put on but still have the 22mm that it came with), uprated rear springs, 18mm front sway bar and revalved Koni red shocks (done by Vince Sharp).

The only thing obvious that's been done to the engine is it's running some 105 cams, besides that I believe it to be stock

The interior is in pretty good condition and overall (besides the stone chips) the car presents pretty good and starts nicely
However....
The car has been unregistered since 2010, I don't believe that it needs a great deal of work to pass a blue slip but known issues are:

Front left lower ball joint needs replacing
Needs a new battery
There is a wiring fault at the ignition barrel that cuts the ignition momentarily (until you wiggle the wiring)
I'm struggling to get it to idle nice
2nd gear syncro is ok if you treat it nice but really isn't that bad.

Alfetta Number 2 (White)

I'm the second owner, bought from an old couple in Figtree back in 1998. It's basically a spares car, it had been garaged for the majority of its life up until 2 years ago but has been sitting in the weather since. Interior is pretty crap and the rust is starting to become prominent.

It does however have some good bits in it

Yellow adjustable Koni sports front and rear.
I rebuilt the engine back in 2000 with 10.4 pistons, with a head flowing about 170hp and we had some cams made up by Ivan Tighe (I've still got the paperwork somewhere for both the head and the cams) however it's been sitting idle since about 2002. The cams are out of the car and wrapped up with a set of 105 cams (I think) sitting in it at the moment.

Now for the spares

1 x complete 2.0l 116 engine
2 x 2.0l 116 engines that have been split, bottom ends, heads, cranks etc
1 pair 40mm dellorto's
1 pair 45mm Weber's
1 set of headers
2 x distributors
3 x starter motor's
2 x water pumps
2 x alternators
3 x inlet manifolds
1 x used 116 gearbox (crunchy 2nd gear syncro)
2 x airbox's
2 x flywheels
1 x clutch
1 x A/C unit (the white one came with A/C)
1 x tail shaft
4 x spare steel rims
1 x 28mm torsion bar

Kind of sad to see it all go but I haven't played with it much in the last 5+ years so it's time to free up some funds for something that I'll use more frequently

I'm located in Penrith, Sydney,  and happy to assist with any interstate buyers

Cheers

Mark
0401 839921