Could this be registered?

Started by cranberry, May 30, 2016, 09:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cranberry

Is anyone familiar with the road rules in SA? If so, would you know what would be involved in getting this car registered for road use:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clarkson/cars-vans-utes/alfa-romeo-track-car/1113172679

Is it feasible? I know the roll cage needs to be removed but what about the rest?

poohbah

I've been looking at this car for a while and thinking exactly the same thing, only to keep it here in WA. I doubt I could get a pass for a third Alfa now though...

I've seen it in the flesh and she looks a little ripper.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

cranberry

The advice I've had is that our local reg will consider it a new (re-manufactured) vehicle so all components must be ADR compliant as of the date of registration and not from the date of manufacture. That means emissions, safety etc. In other words, forget it.

poohbah

That might explain why it is for sale again - I'm pretty sure it changed hands around September last year.
            1981 GTV

cranberry

Interesting. At this stage it does not appear to be a feasible project.

poohbah

It was certainly for sale in the second half of 2015, but I'm not sure whether it actually was sold or was taken off the market. It usually appears at the local Italian Car Day every year.
            1981 GTV

colcol

Love the idea of the fresh cold air intake for the air cleaner, hope it was a crappy bonnet that got the hole put in it for the air, and not a good sud bonnet as they are of the rockin horse variety, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

LukeC

The date of manufacture is the critical date.

Two main issues:

Lexan windows.... Bzzzt

Hydraulic handbrake.... Bzzzt
Luke Clayton

qvae.com.au