Alfa 147 rear left indicator light staying on

Started by dehne, August 15, 2016, 07:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehne

Hi all
Just brought a 2001 3door 147, well my first issue is the rear left indicator is staying on, even when car is locked, I have reset the ecu and have had the codes cleared, but to no avail.
The second is a left side light failure, my rear left lights (brake/tail) don't work at all, this is really frustrating.
I am hoping someone knows a fix so I can resolve the issues,
And third my central locking (key fob) does not work the lights show on the fob that it is working, I have put new batteries in. If I use the key it unlocks everything. The annoying part is that the tailgate does not have the key entry which means I have to press the button on the dash.
I have checked all fuses in the drivers side box
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

bazzbazz

A/ Ok, you say you have had your ECU reset, how do you mean, by which method?
B/ And you cleared the errors, did you do it yourself, and if so, what did you use MES, AlfaOBD or other diagnostic?

Your problem is either faulty connections in the rear light assembly or the Lighting Management Chip in the Body computer is on its way out, and its a common problem in the 147/GT range of cars. (I have just had to repair several147 Body Computers over the last couple of months)

As you have 3 problems, and all are controlled by the body computer it most likely is the culprit. However, if you can answer the A & B questions I can walk you through some check procedures, you just might be lucky and can clear up the problem without having to get the Body Comp repaired.

Baz

On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

dehne

I took the negative terminal of overnight then did the turn key to mar 90sec then off then start car and idle for 15 mins then turn off for 10mins then take it for a drive.
I took car to mech he put him scan tool on it. I had the airbag light showing as well he after than airbag light went out
I have another identical 147 I brought first which I was going to fix but then this turned up at a cant refuse price, would it be possible to swap over the body comp easily
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past

bazzbazz

Its a fiddly job but straight forward. Swap over the fuse box and Body Computer together as one unit, they are attached to each other, no need to separate them.

As long as the cars are both the same number of doors and both are pre/post facelift there should be no problem.

I assume they are also both manuals or both Selespeeds? (Not sure if it makes a difference or not to be honest, I have always used Body Computers from identical spec cars in the past to ensure there were no compatibility issues)

BUT you WILL have to swap over the Engine ECU & the Immobiliser chip from inside the key as well so the car will start and run. So that the remote locking does not need to be re-synched you need to swap the circuit board from inside the key as well.

Baz
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

dehne

Ok, what's involved in fixing it, still want the other 147 to be able to wok properly.
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
Past