Fuse Warning Light Activates Randomly

Started by Dave_Alfa156, September 27, 2016, 10:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_Alfa156

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and am turning to you as a last resort as I can't seem to fix this problem. I bought a 2004 Alfa 156 Auto in July and after about 2 weeks the alternator went. So I got a new alternator installed and ever since then the fuse warning light comes on when I put the brakes on, or when I indicate to the right. It doesn't come on when I indicate left and if I put my headlights on it doesn't light up when I put the brakes on, but still comes on when indicating to the right. I thought it may be the fuses for the brakes and the right side indicator however it has been several weeks and none of the lights have gone as they would if the fuse had blown. I'm wondering if the dash display itself is faulty?

Edit: So the air conditioning control unit now changes it's settings at random e.g. I had the heat going to stop the windscreen from fogging up and then the air con changed to it's coldest temperature without me touching it. The rear right indicator and brake light no longer work but I put the bulbs in the left side and they work fine. I also checked the fuse box and the fuses were not laid out how the owners manual says. Anyone have any info on any of this? I have booked an auto electrician for tomorrow afternoon but if I can find the fault before then I can save some money.

Cheers,

Dave