For sale: 1985 GTV 3.0 V6

Started by LukeC, June 05, 2017, 08:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeC

Originally a 2.0 GTV, one registered owner before me sold new in Canberra and never owned outside the ACT so totally rust free.

I rescued this 1 owner car from becoming it a parts car 6 years ago when I had been Alfa-less for several years. It has evolved over the past 5 years to a point that it can't be improved much more before I start on my next personal project. However, an impending move O/S early next year for potentially up to 3 years means I have to concentrate on finishing other people's projects with no room or extra time for my own toys (and skiing season is upon me).

The brief description is that it is an exceptionally well-sorted GTV6 without the ugly bonnet bulge and more room in the boot. It has all the things that Alfa should have done to make these cars truly fantastic like:

•   3.0 litre V6 from a 164 with Motronic injection set to run on 98 octane and no Cat (141 kW);
•   Power steering (3.3 turns lock to lock);
•   Air conditioning that actually will cool the car on a mid-thirties day (but will not deafen you with fan noise);
•   Much improved handling thanks to the faster steering, front and rear Koni yellows, lowered rear King Springs, 27 mm Front sway bar and full poly suspension;
•   Modified short-shift Isostatic gearshift;
•   Excellent interior with near perfect dash;
•   Decent lights, not glow worms on 'roids;
•   Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel and matching leather gear knob and gaiter.

The car is not a garage queen, as I regularly drive around Canberra and to Sydney and has proved dead reliable. The car presents well, but the 32-year-old paint is showing its age and some older, less well-repaired battle scars under close examination. The car currently has a set of 147 GTA wheels that I am keeping for my next project (probably next decade). It will get a set of period 15 x 7" - 5 spoke Fondmetal wheels fitted with quality tyres to a value in keeping with final price of the car (i.e. Happy to put $1000 of rubber on it if the buyer is willing to pay...).

There is far too much work and improvements done to the car to list here, so I have compiled a list/description that I will email on phone request. No texts or PMs thanks. I am going to be in Sydney the weekend of 17-18 June if anybody is interested in inspecting it there.

$16,000 - $17,000 (+/- depending on tyres and if I like the buyer).

Luke Clayton
Luke Clayton

qvae.com.au