Help With Info About A Holden Part.................

Started by Duk, June 07, 2017, 02:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duk

OK, I've asked friends and family.
Family even asked on a Facebook drift page.
But for some reason no one knows................

So I'll ask here because it is information for my Alfa project.
For the VB to VP Holden Commondore struts:
The Daily: Jumped Up Taxi (BF F6 Typhoon). Oh the torque! ;)
The Slightly More Imediate Project: Supercharged Toyota MR2.
The Long Standing Conundrum: 1990 75 V6 (Potenziata)............. What to do, what to do???

bonno

Hi Duk
To get an accurate measurement to within .01mm will require the use of metrology equipment, such as a digital measuring device used by Quality Control departments of manufacturing plants. However, if it is to be within + or – 1 mm, then ruler or tape measure could be used, to determine the centreline dimension between the stub axle and ball joint mount hole. This is relatively simple, just measure the dimension between the inside surface of the stub axle and the inside surface of ball joint. Then add  0.5 (D1 + D2) were D1 is the stub axle diameter and D2 is the ball joint hole diameter. I would go to your nearest Holden dealer and see if they could help or if all else fails go to a wrecker and measure one up.
Cheers
bonno

Duk

Quote from: bonno on June 07, 2017, 05:51:59 PM
Hi Duk
To get an accurate measurement to within .01mm will require the use of metrology equipment, such as a digital measuring device used by Quality Control departments of manufacturing plants. However, if it is to be within + or – 1 mm, then ruler or tape measure could be used, to determine the centreline dimension between the stub axle and ball joint mount hole. This is relatively simple, just measure the dimension between the inside surface of the stub axle and the inside surface of ball joint. Then add  0.5 (D1 + D2) were D1 is the stub axle diameter and D2 is the ball joint hole diameter. I would go to your nearest Holden dealer and see if they could help or if all else fails go to a wrecker and measure one up.
Cheers
bonno

Yeah, thanks.
The Daily: Jumped Up Taxi (BF F6 Typhoon). Oh the torque! ;)
The Slightly More Imediate Project: Supercharged Toyota MR2.
The Long Standing Conundrum: 1990 75 V6 (Potenziata)............. What to do, what to do???