FOR SALE: RARE 1977 ALFETTA SEDAN 1.8 : In progress resto

Started by AlfettaSilver77, August 10, 2017, 06:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlfettaSilver77

With serious regret I'm putting my rare, 1.8 1977 Alfetta sedan (last of the original series) up for sale. I've owned the car for almost 25 years and had big plans to restore the vehicle to its former glory and drive a car that was very sweet. Life sometimes gets in the road.

This car was always relatively rust free (Canberra car), which for those of you that know these Alfetta will understand is really rare. Recently, it has had a partial sheet metal restoration and has had all minor rust areas removed and repaired to a very standard. The body work is now very good and straight aside from a dint on the front lower panel (girlfriends Datsun in '92) and some minor stuff on the doors. The doors have not been touched but are pretty good nick overall.

I've bought other Alfetta sedan for parts over the years and as a result, the car comes with a list of parts (many new) to basically reassemble and get this very rare classic back onto the road. In many respects a lot of the hard work has already been completed.

The mechanicals were strong, though because it has been idle for almost 10 years, you'd have to check over parts such as brakes etc. to make sure all is ok.

Below is a list of some part details and an assessment. The only parts that are missing are the front windscreen and front/rear screen rubber and head liner for the interior.

Exterior:
Windscreen chrome is good.
1 x set of new door handles
2 x sets of front grilles.
2 sets of head lights and new tail lamp lenses.
1 x set of steel 14" wheels.
1 x set of 14" (Cromodora globe style) alloy wheels. Not road worthy tyres.
1 x set of new 15" Rota (mini lite style) wheels + new (never used) 205 Advan S-Drive Yokohama tyres ($700 extra).
Shock absorbers are all original Koni and in good condition.
Engine is an 1800cc with 105 cams (pre emission restrictions and revs better). Has had the carbies reconditioned a few years back but may need a refresh. I have another engine, original to the car, matching numbers ($500 extra).
Exhaust good.
2 x bonnets and boot lids.
1 spare radiator.
Various new filters
New chrome side mirror.
2 x sets of front and rear bumpers.
New fuel tank sender.
All exterior chrome trims and badges in good condition.

Interior:
1 re skinned "as new" dash board.
Seats will need re trimming in black vinyl.
2 x centre consoles
1 x Nardi steering wheel as well as 1 x original steering wheel.
1 x new steering column controls/stalks.
Carpet pretty good. 

I'm advertising on the Alfa forum as I want this to go to a genuine Alfetta enthusiast, keen to complete the resto of this special car.

The car along with larger parts are located in Coburg and remaining items in Macedon.

$3,900 ono for the car and parts.
$4,600 ono including the new wheels + tyres.
$500 for the addition 1.8 motor.

Please contact me if you'd like further info etc. Cheers, Peter.

AlfettaSilver77

Quote from: AlfettaSilver77 on August 10, 2017, 06:20:17 PM
With serious regret I'm putting my rare, 1.8 1977 Alfetta sedan (last of the original series) up for sale. I've owned the car for almost 25 years and had big plans to restore the vehicle to its former glory and drive a car that was very sweet. Life sometimes gets in the road.

This car was always relatively rust free (Canberra car), which for those of you that know these Alfetta will understand is really rare. Recently, it has had a partial sheet metal restoration and has had all minor rust areas removed and repaired to a very standard. The body work is now very good and straight aside from a dint on the front lower panel (girlfriends Datsun in '92) and some minor stuff on the doors. The doors have not been touched but are pretty good nick overall.

I've bought other Alfetta sedan for parts over the years and as a result, the car comes with a list of parts (many new) to basically reassemble and get this very rare classic back onto the road. In many respects a lot of the hard work has already been completed.

The mechanicals were strong, though because it has been idle for almost 10 years, you'd have to check over parts such as brakes etc. to make sure all is ok.

Below is a list of some part details and an assessment. The only parts that are missing are the front windscreen and front/rear screen rubber and head liner for the interior.

Exterior:
Windscreen chrome is good.
1 x set of new door handles
2 x sets of front grilles.
2 sets of head lights and new tail lamp lenses.
1 x set of steel 14" wheels.
1 x set of 14" (Cromodora globe style) alloy wheels. Not road worthy tyres.
1 x set of new 15" Rota (mini lite style) wheels + new (never used) 205 Advan S-Drive Yokohama tyres ($700 extra).
Shock absorbers are all original Koni and in good condition.
Engine is an 1800cc with 105 cams (pre emission restrictions and revs better). Has had the carbies reconditioned a few years back but may need a refresh. I have another engine, original to the car, matching numbers ($500 extra).
Exhaust good.
2 x bonnets and boot lids.
1 spare radiator.
Various new filters
New chrome side mirror.
2 x sets of front and rear bumpers.
New fuel tank sender.
All exterior chrome trims and badges in good condition.

Interior:
1 re skinned "as new" dash board.
Seats will need re trimming in black vinyl.
2 x centre consoles
1 x Nardi steering wheel as well as 1 x original steering wheel.
1 x new steering column controls/stalks.
Carpet pretty good. 

I'm advertising on the Alfa forum as I want this to go to a genuine Alfetta enthusiast, keen to complete the resto of this special car.

The car along with larger parts are located in Coburg and remaining items in Macedon.

$3,900 ono for the car and parts, including the new wheels + tyres.
$500 for the addition 1.8 motor.

Please contact me if you'd like further info etc. Cheers, Peter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk