my daily driver, 3.0lt 75 on 18x8"

Started by jazig.k, September 18, 2008, 12:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazig.k

hi there,
heres my daily driver,
a 1988 3.0lt 75, 309***kms.

sits on AME 18x8" with nankang 215/35/18 rubber [very grippy tyre!], lowered one front spline and custom benica springs.

no engine mods yet, but id like to see a set of cams soon as one of the lobes is wearing, then Megasquirt, then my turbo... or 2... but my apprentiship wage agrues with me pretty often.

the car is in, what id call, excellent condition. no known crash history, factory paint. no sunroof!

i do have a EVO bodykit sitting on a rolling shell [another 3.0lt minus the engine and box, otherwise complete] which id like to get finished and fitted for como park [common motivation!] this year.

this is one of the 5 alfas i own [inc the rolling 75, gunmetal grey]. i have a white 164, a gunmetal 1982 GTV, a red 1978 GTV and a 1978 GTV shell-only [not enough there to call a car]. and im only 19...

alfagtv58

sweeeeet ;D

Welcome.

wish i had enough room to have that many cars!! ALFA - Always Looking For Another
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Scott Farquharson

Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

jazig.k

room for cars... well we have 12 cars,  plus one shell. plus one that belongs to a friend, moving out today.... off the top of my head...

and i dont really go looking for another alfa  ;D

my first 1978 GTV, and first car, was hit in the rear by a 4WD. quoted 7grand damages, for a bever panel, tailgate, and right rear quarter. [lights and GTV panel too.]
it wasnt my fault and he wasnt insured, so he bought me the grey 1982 GTV [worked engine  :)] plus cash!
but, a few years before hand, we bought some parts from a fella in shep, and if we wanted 2 rust free doors for free we'd have to take the shell off his hands... ok! but luckily we did because now thats our new rear-end for the 1978.

so while i was waiting for the cash for the accident [before i chose to buy/recieve the grey one too] i happened to be in melb, JUST LOOKING at joe's [milli miglia's] cars and fell in love with the 3.0lt...
so about a week later went back to claim it for myself...

the grey 75 was offered after i equired about a few parts [he was going to strip the car, but i just missed out on the engine and box], and when he mentioned EVO... it was pretty much sold...

the 164 was going to be my new cams for the red 75, but after washing it when we drove away, was just way too good to wreck! was a bargin too. only needs a right cv and driving/fog light then take it in for a roadworthy.

so thats how i got them [in that order]. but there is more of a story to tell for the 164 and 78 GTV...

Sheldon McIntosh

Nice looking car.

Megasquirt is a worthwile mod.  Forget about a turbo and instead spend your money on brakes, suspension and a Twin Spark gearbox.  It'll be faster and more fun.  Just my Tupenny worth.

3 litres are getting rare.  I reckon if you're gonna do some mods, do it to a 2.5 shell, they're a dime a dozen.

jazig.k

3.0lt's are a rare car to begin with from what im led to believe. with only 84 brought to australia [not inc the private imports].

dads trying to convince me to get a worked 2.5 for the grey shell or something and just make that the little show pony. while i 'restore' this red one and keep it safe.