Cardisc

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, September 09, 2008, 10:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Does anyone have any experience with the 'Cardisc' CD-ROMs?  http://www.cardisc.com/alfa_romeo.htm    And do they work with XP and/or Vista (I've heard rumours they don't easily)

More specifically, does anyone have the GTV6 and/or Alfa 90 versions that I could borrow for a couple of days (I have a photographic memory) in exchange for a beer or two at club night?

Colin Byrne

hey sheldon, i have one (but guess what its not for a gtv6 or an alfa 90 ;)).  works on windows 2000, didn't work on xp but downloaded a viewer for it and now works fine, can't comment on vista as i like to actually use my computer rather than make it look cool.  but the one i've got has some cool stuff on it like a complete autodelta catalogue of 105 GTA parts
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Colin Byrne on September 09, 2008, 11:49:45 PM
can't comment on vista as i like to actually use my computer rather than make it look cool. 

So cynical for one so young.  Can't wait till you see my classy genuine-fake-carbon-fibre accessories on the GTV6.  Cardisc doesn't have info on neons or HIDs then?

Gary Pearce

Naaa Sheldon. For that stuff you need to go to www.pimpmyride.com
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

garwood1

Bought one recently for the Spider, and was less than impressed. It ran OK on my XP laptop, but many of the parts manual pages (which were scanned in) seemed to be overlapped with adjacent pages, so that not all pages were readable. No doubt, there is loads of info on there, it's just not very nicely formatted...