147T 2 LITRE 2001 2 DOOR COUPE - REAR WHEEL BEARINGS - ENGINE OVERHEATING

Started by Richard-Lee, January 28, 2018, 02:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard-Lee

Hi everyone - looking to purchase rear wheel bearings to suit my 147T, sounds like RH side, but sounds can carry, car going to workshop this week to confirm. Please advise where is the best place to buy the bearings from - I am in Hobart, but freighting from another state not an issue. Will confirm what is required before ordering - mechanic may suggest doing both at same time. I do know when ordering parts chassis/serial numbers are important, too.

You may recall sometime back I posted about a cracked head in this vehicle, mechanic as a temporary fix tried Chemi-Weld, well this appears to be still working ok, have travelled many k's since the fix, only with an occasional temp spike - twice since repair - meant once pulling over and in neutral revving motor slightly and temp dropped within a few seconds. Second time while driving the temp went up, and I did similar while driving. Amazed how quick the temp drops back -  a few seconds. Loss of water has been absolute minimum, since the Chemi-weld was put in, only replaced about three cups of water in that time. I know it is not meant to be permanent, when the worse happens a second hand motor may be an option. The engine water is very dirty and we will be changing this at wheel bearing change time - should we give it another treatment of Chemi-seal at same time.  As always any advice will be appreciated - Thank You

Citroënbender

I'm assuming your car has a "parts number" below 3402367 - this is on the plate near the bonnet latch as "Number for spares".

If so, your hub assembly (hub comes with bearings preassembled to it, left and right are the same) is 60652014.

I may be able to fix you up with an affordable 127K motor out of my parts car - message me if interested. 

Richard-Lee

Hi appreciate your reply - will have wheel bearings checked to see if both need replacing. Thanks for motor offer - what sort of price are we looking at - I would arrange shipping to Hobart. We are going to flush the cooling system then (most likely) give her another treatment of Chemi-weld. Body and interior on this vehicle is immaculate - leather rear sets look like no-one has ever sat on them. Car has only done 107000 klms - history shows a water pump failure at 60000 klms, this may explain a lot. The car is too good to wreck.

Citroënbender

I'll message you about the motor, there's nothing really secret but it's off-course for your wheel bearing question.

(For which, yes, I would do both at once, buying either from EAI if in a hurry - or overseas if not.)

Craig_m67

Wheel Bearings - SuperCheap

They list several for your car, prices ranging from $90 - $300 each, hubs, bearings or kits.
They usually get stuff in overnight.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/vehicle-search/parts-guide

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)