Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Started by nic86, January 16, 2019, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nic86

Hello all,

I was recently in a car accident in a VW Golf (a person was on their phone and rear ended me at 80kph whilst I was trying to reverse park) and my car is a write off. I've decided that I am going to get a Giulietta either My12, 13 or 14 depending on what's available.

I recently saw a 2014 Progression one advertised and it's power was listed at 88kw on the ad. But it has a photo of the engine bay and it says 'Multair' on it. Does that mean it is the 125kw version and the power listed (which i believe is autopopulated by the site) would be incorrect?

The seller admittedly doesn't "know much" about the car so i just want to confirm if that's the case before I buy it.

Thanks in advance for any help or info.

bazzbazz

Yes, Australian MultiAir engines are 125 KW.

The 88KW were the 1.4 Turbo Non-MultiAir usually fitted to early Mitos.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Garibaldi

Just be careful. I've seen Guiliettas advertised recently as the Progression model which they clearly are not. Plastic wheel covers are a dead give away. The entry level model only had the 88kw engine, the Progression had the 125kw motor.
Either the seller doesn't know which model they are selling or they are hoping the buyer won't know and they can make a few extra dollars.  :o

Craig_m67

Just buy the QV.....
... no finicky oil multiair gubins and all the power and toys

Or a JTD with QV pack, for economy.. that would be my second choice, in blue (with a roof).. anybody, anybody, anybody, anybody, Bueler.....

I seem to remember Alfa recently produced a Junior or Sprint version of the Guilietta with a slightly different engine also (not multiair but >88kw??)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

poohbah

+1 for what Craig said - there are plenty around to choose from.
Now:    2002 156 GTA
            1981 GTV
Before: 1999 156 V6 Q-auto
            2001 156 V6 (sadly cremated)

bazzbazz

Giulietta QV 1750TBi - Best bang for buck and ultimate giggle factor.  8)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

lombardi

Without question Go The QV , Very positive owner experience, super reliable , great road holding , very willing engine , nice finish , N in this Hot weather - superb air con .. u wont b sorry
forza lazio,viva l'alfa

Current Alfa=

Giulietta 2015 QV manual Ghiaccio

1974 Spider series 2 ,carabinieri blu

Previous Alfas=

33x4 1985 wagon
33 ti 1985
156 sportswagon manual red
Alfetta sportiva 1981 red
166 silver 1999