Looking for Track Stars

Started by Dinky Boy, September 22, 2008, 11:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinky Boy

Hi all,

I'm a scale model collector. I have been collecting Alfa Romeos in any scale for about 30 years, the past five years only scale 1:43 or smaller since I was growing out of space.

Main goal of my collection is to get an overview of the complete Alfa Romeo history. It will never be complete (and that's fine with me) because most prewar Alfa models are only available as beautiful but expensive handbuilts.

Apart from the more serious models (Progetto K, M4, Bang, Minichamps, etc) I like the odd things, funny toys cars, meant for children but with a rather good shape and recognizable as an Alfa.

Among them: Track Stars!

Neither on the cars nor on the packaging the name Alfa Romeo is mentioned, but the designs has clearly been derived from the DTM/ITC Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI racing cars that have been in a though touring car competition with Mercedes and Opel. Models from these makes do exist too, but I'm not interested in them.

These China made cars have been sold all over the world, but I get the impression the emphasis was in Australia. I like the good shape, the lively colors and of course the little tin boxes printed in the same colors and with the same 'sponsors'.

Within the pas years I collected 20 different liveries.

(Livery,main colors, racing number)
1.   Selleys, red, 24
2.   Trackstars 1, red yellow purple, 1
3.   TS3, yellow purple orange, 3
4.   Autolite, red, 88
5.   Redex, blue, 66
6.   Duracell, copper black, 4
7.   Valvoline, white blue, 32
8.   Turtlewax, yellow red, 99
9.   Fram, orange grey, 5
10.   Dorcy, gold purple, 12
11.   Cummins, blue white, 24
12.   Vodafone, red black, -
13.   Pirtek, blue, 8
14.   Series 500, black, 500
15.   WD40, yellow, - (ZB)
16.   Gillette, blue green, 3 (ZB)
17.   Prestone, yellow, 16 (ZB)
18.   Kitten, black, 21 (ZB)

19.   Seriously Ten, blue, -
20.   Seriously Ten – Totally Footy, red blue white, -

Then I have an 'Xtreme' livery sold by a Dutch toy company 'Edocar' and a 'Super Competition' livery by 'Realtoy Action City' with a prize sticker from Dhubai.

I'm still looking for these liveries:
Greenseas (green white)
Heinz (gold)
Eagle 1 (red black)
Australian Export (colors unknown)

The models have to be mint and a mint tin box should be there as well. Complete with blister packaging would even be better.

Anyone who can help? I'm also interested in some other Track Stars items, like the watches (from a gift set) and the playing boards if they can be shipped to Europe for a reasonable price.

Are there other Alfisti who share this fetish? :D

Dinky Boy

I'm so desparately looking for the 'Eagles 1' livery that I had to make a movie ;D

In the meantime I could put my hands on the Heinz, Greenseas, Pedders and '10 - RPM' cars.