For Sale 2002 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 litre Twin Spark Monza manual

Started by simon2, February 13, 2020, 11:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon2

Hi, I am posting my 156 for reluctant sale - Details are:

Jan 2002 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 litre Twin Spark Monza manual. July 2001 Build Date.  154,000 km

This is one of a batch of the last Series 1 cars which were optioned by the then Australian distributor Ateco with 17s and Eibach (Sportline?) springs .
It features Monza Momo tan leather interior and dealer fitted sunroof and cruise control.

I have owned it since December 2006 and have serviced it on schedule. It has an Ateco, John Blair, Beninca and Alfamen service history. Belts were last done in March 2017 (140K service), and are next due March 2020.

Bridgestone RE003 Potenzas' fitted Feb 2018 @ 147,103km – approx. 7,000km. The 17 inch wheels and Eibach springs give a very direct, precise and sporty feel to the car.

Selling without a RWC, but car is mechanically in good condition and drives well, but paintwork is poor on bonnet, roof and boot (top coat damage) and it has various nicks and scratches from regular use. It is registered to May 2020.

Long story is family circumstances were that I was doing frequent country trips, often at 1 or 2.00am – only car on the road etc. and was thinking a nearly 20 yo car was not the best choice, and ended up leasing a Golf Mk 7.5 in August 2018 because they were offering a ridiculously good deal at the time.

However, the Golf driving experience turned out to be a lot less engaging than the 156 and I keep on putting off selling it and kept using it around Melbourne, until ... my daughter got her licence, and the household acquired another car, and really, we cannot justify four cars, and are running short on space, and the Golf deal has another 2.5 years to run, so ......

Car is in Hawthorn, Melbourne. Asking $2,000 or offer. Have more photos. Contact No. is 0401.717.331 or PM me.