Giulia Super Part Needed

Started by ItalCarGuy, December 31, 2008, 10:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItalCarGuy

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have a parts car Giulia Sedan they could cut this piece off and sell to me? Mine is pretty bent and I am getting the car stripped and repainted soon.

It is the panel above the headlights that the hood latch attaches to.

Would love to hear from anyone that has one or knows of one as the usual sources arent coming up trumps this time.

Barry Edmunds

Derek

I assume that you are in need of the entire top radiator support panel. If so I will check through my collection.

Barry

ItalCarGuy

Hi Barry, yes thats the part. I bought a replacement lower valance that comes halfway up the headlight rings and thought I could get away with the top radiator support panel I have but unfortunately it has been too mangled with a bad repair.

I was also trying to find a battery tray - the early metal type as well. Not as important though as I could probably repair mine.

Thanks for helping. If you or any others need any particular bits I have a fair amount of spares as well.

Barry Edmunds

Derek

Can't help with the panel you need, the one I had was too far gone to do anything with. Check with Hugh Harrison at Monza Motors Bayswater 03 9729 9946. Sure he has a couple of cars that you could source panels from. Will check to see if I have an original batter tray. Most of these have gone by now though.

I solved my battery tray issue by putting battery in the boot. Shifted weight to the rear of the car and gave me more room in the engine bay. 2 litre motor takes up more engine bay though. Major problem now is the lack of space for the air cleaner. Have to manufacture a new flat panel style air cleaner unit as there is nothing available locally that will fit.
Barry

ItalCarGuy

Barry,
Thanks for looking. I will give Hugh a call next week. I am going to keep the battery in the front as I am trying to get the car back to original. It had a later front grille, latter door cards, 1750 head etc but have sourced all the correct stuff for my car now so figured I will keep the original 1600 too even though I had a 2L to put in.
I'll put some pics up when I take some new pics of where it is up to.