Kilcunda Lobster festival

Started by 1750GT, January 06, 2009, 01:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1750GT

I read with interest about the Kilcunda Lobster festival to be held over the Aus Day long weekend, but nothing further has been posted. What is the latest on the event, I am certainly interested in attending with the other half.

1750GT

John Hanslow

Just a note of thanks for such a great EMR last Sunday.

We all met at the Pelican Cafe at Torradin which has a lidilic lagoon & fishing spot and good atmosphere followed by a scenic drive to Loch.  There was an enormous moring tea with sandwiches, scones, cakes, pancakes at the The Royal Hotel.  A brief history (ghost and all) was given by the prioprietor  and that could be an exciting B&B to stay at in the future.  It was a great photo shoot for the cars outside too.  Branco attended to a brief repair very professionally.

Then a sporting drive was had all the way to Archies Creek where lunch was at the Royal Mail Hotel.  No lunch from me as I was still full from morning tea so a few of us drove on the Mirboo North Festa to finish off the days driving event.

A word of thanks to Kerrie and Shane for good work and great day.

Cheers.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Gary Pearce

A great drive and a fun day had by all, thanks to Kerry & Shane.
The pub at Loch was really great and one we too will return too.
Can't say the same about the Lobster Festival as it was only a poor excuse for a second rate fete held in a dusty car park.
Still we made some fun of it and whisked off back up to the St Paul's Festa at Mirboo North. Alas too late it seems as they pack up mid arvo. Still, it meant a further great drive in fantastic countryside in our GTC. What more could you want?
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe