2004 156 TI suspension.

Started by juston49, November 09, 2008, 02:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juston49

Hi All,
I,ve just got myself a 2004 build 156 TI manual and I'm wondering about the suspension. Does anyone know if the Aussie versions got the modified suspension or is it standard? I have to say it's a great little car even though I miss the magic sound of the old 2.5 V6 that I traded. Thanks in advance for your help.

juston49

Mmmmmmmmm.................any ideas on how I can find out?

pep105

Hi,

About 3 years ago I had this same discussion with Damon the service manger from Lance Dixon, after I had test drove a 156Ti. If memory serves me correct he reckons the shockers were different to the JTS version as they may have been re valved and had a different part no. The springs I think were standard, give him a call he may be able to shed some light on this.

Pep
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

juston49

Thanks for the tip Pep - I spoke to Damon today. He said all Aussie Alfa 156 after the 2002 upgrade were fitted with sports suspension but the ride height was not changed due to ADR issues. BTW he is in sales now walking on carpet.

Alfa156Melb

Quote from: juston49 on November 17, 2008, 12:19:52 PM
Thanks for the tip Pep - I spoke to Damon today. He said all Aussie Alfa 156 after the 2002 upgrade were fitted with sports suspension but the ride height was not changed due to ADR issues. BTW he is in sales now walking on carpet.

I have a 2003 156 JTS with Eibach lowered springs.. the sport line I think. I thought that was an option? Maybe the last owner had them fitted... 

I have driven standard cars and they dont coem close to this one handling wise... very nice.. :)

Davidm1600

Yep, I think I would agree with Alfa 156's comments, I have a '03 JTS Sportwagon and it is definitely soft (compliant might be another term) and has a level of lateral movement I am not so happy with. Its still perfectly fine, its just not a sportscar.

Having had a ride in a mate's Twinspark Monza with suspension improvements made to it, it was a completely different car. He had gone the full route with the Eibach springs, Bilsteins and coil overs, urethane bushes etc.  The car was rock solid through corners.  Mind you riding in the back was bloody uncomfortable.  Too stiff.   I reckon if I keep my car I will invest in at least some Konis and perhaps new front springs.  I need to make some further enquiries on this. Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina