For sale - alfetta 1985 GTV -Sold

Started by Mike, April 07, 2023, 07:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Hi All,

I have a white 1985 GTV in need of rust correction and engine install for sale.

It may become a donor for my racecar, but it's probably still too good for that.

It's a 2 owner, history known car. The second owner bought it in 1987, I've acquired it from him.

Ill sort out photos, but it would be best that people.inspect the car or arrange a what's app video discussion.. 

History wise, I am told it had a knock in the driver side front just prior to the new owner buying it. It was repaired professionally at the time, looking at the body work, it would appear to have been minor. There is no other reported accident damage to the car.

The underside of the car appears excellent.
The car is complete, including books. Bumpers, grills door handles etc are all sound
It has rust in asome of the usual alfetta places. Lower front wheel arches,, a pillars, driver b pillar at base, tops of doors on the horizontal face, but front doors rearward is sound It has a sun roof and that has some very minor front edge rust.  The car is still wearing original paint except for the aforementioned accident..but even that paint is since 1987.
It still has its undamaged factor alloys including spare., and carbys from original motor are in the boot. With the original cam cover.
The recaro interior is faded as they all are, dash cracked etc. The car was used by a club member, but parked up for the last 15 ish years in an undergeound car park. The engine needed a new head I am told, but the story goes that it was installed by the owner and a valve was introduced to the piston. The love was lost and the car sat.
I inspected the original block, I left it with the owner as all studs we snapped and the bottom of the block corroded..it could be repaired, but I simply thought it uneconomical. For a short time it would still be available pre tip run!

I do have a full 2liter, correct period that the car could go with if that made the sale attracrive to someone seeking an ecconomical resto, provided they have skills and time...or time to learn skills! Great father son project.

In summary, a complete late model recaro interior, sunroof GTV needing engine, rust and bodywork. No doubt there would be the usual brake, clutch system overhaul, along with prop shaft donuts etc.

I'm open to offers, and for that you'll need to arrange to meet, or await photos in a week or so.

Probably easiest for interstaters to pm me, I could then do a live what's app video and talk it through. Keep in mind, transport of non runners costs more. I could arrange for the car to be sold as a runner for a fee.

Thanks for reading, at least if no interest, I will cut her up knowing I tried!
Cheers
Mike
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb