Top Engine Mounts Required For 159 2.2JTS

Started by Maltalfisti, June 17, 2024, 09:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maltalfisti

Here we go, another obscure part. Why is it that we can find rear engine mounts for the 2.2 JTS, or top engine mounts for other models, but not top engine mounts for our 2.2 JTS?

It feels like Alfa did a doozy on this one, not unlike the lack of lifeboats on the Titanic. Surely, if you're manufacturing 'x' number of rear mounts, you'd just manufacture the same number of front ones? Or have I missed something here?

Anyway, that's all besides the point. My real question here is (help me out, folks): can anyone help me to source a top engine mount for the driver's side on the 2.2 JTS?

Any leads? Any links? Any potential avenues? Suggestions?

Also, what's the OEM part number? Is it 50516253 / 50501956 - BIRTH 51497? What's the difference between all those numbers – is one the top and the other the bottom? Or is it 50505985? 50516251? Or another number?
The only problem with the GTV6? They forgot to install the flux capacitor...

Maltalfisti

Do add, what's the difference between those part numbers that begin with the number '5' and 606940710?

Craig_m67

What year/series is your 159, there are three?

ePer says

50501956 is the link rod at the top of the engine
50516251 is an engine mount.

The others don't come up.  Revisions to parts overtime usually get new part numbers. 
BIRTH is a brand and use their own part number (to confuse).

There's nothing wrong with Alfa's part numbering system.
You can whack your VIN into ePer and it will tell you exactly what your parts were/are

I can't figure out how to upload pics (figured it out).
You can search a version of ePer here

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

bazzbazz

Ok for the 159 2.2JTS there are 4 engine/gearbox mounts -

50516251 - Front ENGINE Mount - No longer available

50501956 - Lower ENGINE Mount - No longer available

50505985 - GEARBOX Mount - No longer available

50501955 - Lower GEARBOX mount - No Longer available

The only way to find any of these is to ring around to the usual suppliers of Alfa Parts in Australia to see if they have any in storage still or the myriad of Alfa wreckers to see if they have any in good condition in their inventory.
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

Craig_m67

Sheesh.. guess the 159 will have to wait to reach classic status (never) before things get remanufactured.  Time to chop it in, that sucks.

I should probably buy up some bits and bobs for the Giulietta, imagine it's next to go on the extinct list.

Domenic

3 out of the 4 mounts are still available, you just need to know where to look and who to ask  ;)

bazzbazz

Well I did say to ring round the Australian suppliers to see if any had any left in stock, maybe somewhere like Italian Automotive Spares . . . .  ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Craig_m67

Quote from: Domenic on June 20, 2024, 09:32:02 AM3 out of the 4 mounts are still available, you just need to know where to look and who to ask  ;)

The original poster did ask where.. why not tell him (and others) in the thread.
Any sense of community around here is dead.

bazzbazz

Domenic was probably being a little shy, he runs one of those suppliers, and probably just didn't want to toot his own horn.

I say toot away . . . grab your horn and toot it as much as you like . . . er . . . wait . . . hang on . . . ah crap! :o
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Domenic

Wasn't being shy....

Just not understanding why when a sponsor is supporting the club, are mentioned on the sponsors page. Members haven't checked there first before creating a post asking about where to source parts from or get their car serviced.
I assume that is what the sponsors page is there for. Quick and easy access to different services that support the club and allow it to have this forum for the members.

bazzbazz

So you're suggesting people take the simple and most direct approach . . . . . .have you met the human species?  ::)
On The Spot Alfa
Brisbane/Gold Coast

Domenic

Quote from: bazzbazz on June 25, 2024, 07:05:25 PMSo you're suggesting people take the simple and most direct approach . . . . . .have you met the human species?  ::)

Possibly..... :P

Maltalfisti

Thanks for your help, folks.

Maranello is big in the club, but has been having trouble sourcing this and other parts for the 159s for ages.

Checked some part numbers with Zagame who said that parts 50516251 and 60694071 are largely the same, bar different manufacturing years. I wonder if one is alloy and the other something else. In any case, they didn't know where to get them from either.

However, I finally found on from a guy called Marc, who was very helpful. ;) Just haven't had a chance to put it in yet what with a few 'wobblies' these past few weeks (me, not the car hah!)