Local Parts / Consumables Availability?

Started by AlfaBris, August 20, 2024, 09:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlfaBris

Hi All,

I'm new to the 105 and am in the process of putting the car back together. I'm wondering what parts are available locally for the 105, such as brake rotors, brake pads, clutches, springs, etc.

Are there any parts from other cars that fit or can be made to fit with minimal fuss?

I'm aware parts can be bought from the usual places, such as Classic Alfa, etc., but I'm wondering if there are any local suppliers that offer these parts. Shipping heavy brake rotors seems a bit redundant if they can be found here.

I've already done some Googling, but not a great deal showed up.

Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Domenic

Have you check out the club sponsors page??

That should give you some leads as to local parts suppliers....

bazzbazz

Try Italian Automotive Spares in Melbourne, I'm sure Dom will make you feel welcome . . . .  ;)
On The Spot Alfa
Mobile Alfa Romeo Diagnostic/Repair/Maintenance/Service
Brisbane/Gold Coast
onthespotalfa@iinet.net.au

AlfaBris

Thanks, As I'm sure we have all noticed that sometimes it is still more cost effective to buy overseas if local shipping is also taken into account. 

I'll give the sponsor page a look and give the guys a call and see whats available.

Thank you.

Craig_m67

It's all available. Just make a list and get what you need.

The 105 chassis is 61years old, the design of the engine even older.  There are very few parts from modern cars that can be retrofitted without engineering.  If it's been done, it's been done.
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

shane1750

Hi
    I am in the process of a reassembly and have found that
parts are often cheaper and arrive quicker from Classic Alfa than from local suppliers (including rotors)

AlfaBris

Thanks, I have been seeing the same thing, but thought if I can buy here for a similar price id prefer to.  As a side note I saw an email flyer for velocesport who have 10-20% off all items this weekend.