Bushfires

Started by Barry Edmunds, February 12, 2009, 12:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Edmunds

If anyone hears about or is aware of any AROCA members who have been directly affected by the bushfires could they please forward relevant details to me ASAP.

Plans are also underway to organise a working bee or two to help those affected. Anyone able to help please let me know so we can put a list of volunteers together.

E-mail me at giulia105@optusnet.com.au or mobile 0405 383 431

Thanks

Barry Edmunds

John Hanslow

Just an update generally with volunteer requirements.  As varios charities are inundated with goods and offers to help I thought I would make a few inquiries. 

I had a look at the Red Cross web site recently and called their Volunteer enquiry line to find out what is happening. 

You can register your interest with them and currently they have 12,000  registered volunteers in waiting.  The operator stated that it you would not be contacted immediately as you would not be at the start of the list.

An individual may register for themselves or behalf of a group  i.e. the Club. but the numbers would have to be pretty much set otherwise it's hard for them to co-ordinate activities with a large variance.

Regards.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata