Where are all the Brisbane Alfas?

Started by Evan Bottcher, March 13, 2009, 12:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Been driving around Brisbane yesterday and this morning - all I've seen is three 147s.  Where are all the Alfas?  I usually see a heap in Melbourne in a day - particularly 159s recently.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

ItalCarGuy

That is a pretty poor showing. A lot of the classics seem to congregate around the Indooroopilly?Sherwood?Oxley area I've noticed. I saw a 156, 159 Sportswagon and a newish charcoal GT on the way in this morning. I work in West End and see quite a few just on my lunch breaks. Maybe the rain scared them away? ;D

Anthony Miller

On a recent trip to Egypt I saw only one Alfa in the three weeks we were there,a very beaten sud with re-engineered bumpers off god only knows what.
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

ItalCarGuy

Ok my arvie update after going out at lunch , I saw an orange montreal, at least 4 105/115 spiders, a couple of alfettas...
Mind you they were in the shop window at Albion, Chris Lucas's resto place. Ya just gotta know where to look :P

alfagtv58

^^^
Nice collection Derek.  66 Super and a stepnose coupe.  Would love to see some pics on another thread.

Quote from: Evan Bottcher on March 13, 2009, 12:09:07 PM
Been driving around Brisbane yesterday and this morning - all I've seen is three 147s.  Where are all the Alfas?  I usually see a heap in Melbourne in a day - particularly 159s recently.
I remeber Kate saying that it was rare seeing Alfa's in Brisvegas.  You still get the Alfa wave when you spot another on the road  :o
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Evan Bottcher

Saw a couple of 159s this arvo so all is well. I wouldn't bring a classic alfa out at the moment.. There appears to be water falling from the sky. My grandfather told me that happened once in victoria!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

ItalCarGuy

Quote from: Phil Baskett on March 13, 2009, 04:33:14 PM
^^^
Nice collection Derek.  66 Super and a stepnose coupe.  Would love to see some pics on another thread.

Yes I should do that. Not much to see at the moment, as most of my coupe is on shelves and the Super is a bit naked without doors, bonnet and boot off to the soda blasters, engine at the mechanic for rebuild etc. Maybe I'll put up some before pics so that I can update with the after pics hopefully soon.

Gary Pearce

Your in the wrong place Evan.
Been down to Phillip Island Historics today and there are 22 Alfas entered in a total field of about 450.
Some Brisbanites even made the trip. Group S is getting popular so get on board. :)
1966 Giulia GTC
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
1974 Metalic Green Montreal
1966 Giulia Super Blue
1980 Mazda B1800
1989 MX5
2013 MB C250 Coupe

spieret

Well yesterday there were 9 of them doing the day run I had set going through the countryside and ending up at Maroochydore. It was a perfect day for it too.
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV