Changing 147 centre dashboard drawer/cup holder over.

Started by mikz, March 03, 2009, 01:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikz

Does anyone know if this is possible  ? I mean it must be the other way around for European units. Basically when the cup holder is open one has a tendency to smack into it when your left hand goes from steering wheel to gear stick. If it was on the other side it would make more practical sense. I realise that if it is possible the pictures will be on the wrong side but who cares ..!

Joe Garra

Is the way it is now, right for the Euro market? Often Alfa forget about changing over little details, for example, the bonnet release for my Q is on the far left of the car. It's easier for me to get out of the car and open the passenger door, than to try and lean over ;-)
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

mikz

That I'm not too sure of but as the cup holder sits closest to the driver I assume it is for our market not the Euro market. However, as described it is a very inconvenient place to have it due to the small 147 cockpit area. I have smacked my knuckles many a time.
If you pop both drawers out the mechinism at the back of each drawer looks identical so maybe if you pull that part of the dashboard out they could be swapped without too much issue. Not sure how to remove that part of the dash but must say I have not inspected too closely.