Thinking about the un-thinkable

Started by greengtv8, March 23, 2009, 07:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greengtv8

I'll ask this out of a matter of interest...(at the moment), but i've been toying with the idea of selling my little green alfetta GTV8(as pictured) at some stage(as un registered race car)...maybe late in the year, Don't want to, don't really have to...more that i don't use it anywhere near what i should, and it just sits in the corner while i'm constantly working on other projects...so if down the line i decide to weaken and put it on the market...For all the people that have seen it, What do you recon it's worth? Given that this sort of thing never sells for all the time and money you put in to it!
      Otherwise i can strip it for parts and stick the drive line in me old L300 van! hehehe....Be funny if nothing else! But at least i'd use it then...
      I'm not chassing offers, just wondering is all... :)
Little green Alfetta gtv 1982
Fitted with:
Lexus V8 4Ltr
Supra w58 g/box
LS400 IRS rear susp.& 8 1/2' diff
Coil over's all round
Nissan R32 Front brakes
Peddle box,balance bar & adj.bias valve's
9 point roll cage(inc. engine bay)
Custom Extractors & exhaust
Custom body kit & under tray

1750GT

Nah, don't bother nobody would be interested in a lex-nismo-alfa? Just scap it. I can lend you my back yard if you like for a fee or you could just leave it their, I might find a use for it?

If your interested I can maybe or maybe not, well sure can, but! I'll think about it, Oh think I'll maybe have a beer or three and see if I can find some room and I'll let you know.

See how I go!

1750GT

Brett

Don't be a goose, sit it in the corner and drag it out three or four times a year like everyone else does and live on the high for a few days, dreaming about the extra second you reckon you can shave off next time........  ;D

alfagtv58

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Sheldon McIntosh

It's a stunning car, but I think the market for a GTV with a Japanese engine would be fairly small.  That said I would say you could probably realistically expect the same price as a well sorted GTV6 with a 24V. 

Maybe 15-20k?

Stripping for parts is not a stupid idea.  You could still get a very good price for the rolling shell if was set-up for an Alfa V6 and transaxle maybe?  Then yes, put the V8 in the van!!